What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"05" Team

newman

First Grade
I thought Brown was pretty average in the flegg GF. I cringed every time he got the ball, he looked really tentative. I wasnt impressed at all.

1. Peach Weiss Bar.
2. Max Merrit
3. Nigel Vagina
4. Ryan Mygoldick
5. Frankenstein
6. Dykes on Bikes
7. The ballad of Brett Kimmorleys haircut.
8. Eddie Macguire (thats Jason Stevens)
9. Sully
10. Lomu
11. Mega litres.
12. Waltzing.
13. Phil from Grinspoon.

14. Hutch
15. DoNUTS
16. Greg Turd
17. Cameron "Sirro"raldo.

18. Aleksander Dumas.

Notable exeptions: Red hair, no friends (they need to show him photos of puppies being tortured or something before the game), Sammy Ironmonger (hell be first cab off the rank if there is an injury in the forwards.

tye

Juniors
:shock: My sharks for 2005

Peachey
Merritt
vagana
Mcgoldrick(because there is no one else)
Mellor
Dykes
BK(c) RES. Sullivan
Maiava
Stevens Dumas
Bird Harlen
Nutley
Lomu
Gallen
Bailey :?:

tye

Juniors
:lol: sorry ima 1st timer thst team should read
Peachey
Merritt
Vagana
Mcgoldrick(cause there is no one else)
Mellor
Dykes
BK(c)
Stevens
BIRD
Nutley
Lomu
Gallen
Bailey
RES
Sullivan
Maiava
Dumas
Harlen

tye

Juniors
covell is a kicker, im sure he will kick newtown to many wins
what about the idea of bird as a hooker? :shock:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
Brown has first grade all over him, 17 next year is old enough, broncos played Hunt in firts grade for sucess, if you measure Pelo up against Brown on there grand final match, Brown was much better, good yards from dummy half, handles bomb, has good height, Pelo lacks size which is worrying, he looked small in Flegg, will look tiny in firsts, Watch this kid Mitch Brown will play SOO within next 5 years, sign this kid for life

One name. A player who has more ability in his little toe than Brown will ever have in his life.
Andrew Emilio.

That is the lesson you learn & why you nevr sign players for long terms.

gavin_miller

Juniors
Hey,
I am new here so go easy on me! Like everyone else, the team/club is my life! I thought we had a good but inconsistent season; if we can fix the defence I believe we can finish in the top 6 in 2005.
Here is what I think the team should be without spending hours on it:

1 Peachey
2 Merritt
3 Vagana
4 Mellor
5 McGoldrick / Covell
6 Dykes
7 Kimmorley
8 Stevens
9 Sullivan
10 Galloway
11 Bailey
12 Nutley
13 Hilder

14 Isemonger
15 Bird
16 Lomu
17 Hutch

I think McGoldrick is too much of a liability in the centres. Put him on the wing and at least his defensive options decrease. I think Simmons needs more time in the lower ranks.Maybe some of these Newtown kids might replace Bird on my bench too? I would probably start with Sullivan too...
Just gives us more options.With him,Kimmorley,Peach and Dykes on the field...anyway, thats my rant. Looking forward to the new year!
x

Card Shark

Immortal
Why is he such a big cat?
'cause he is only about 19. Most young guys would be shittin' themselves against some of the big guys of today. Over the next year or 2, he will get more confidence & play like it - I hope

Special K

Coach
gavin_miller said:
I think McGoldrick is too much of a liability in the centres. Put him on the wing and at least his defensive options decrease
How is he a liability? The man was tackling for two people last year. He had to cover his man and then rush over and take the guy Rieck missed. Fact is he was our best buy and I'm struggling to think of a back who had a better season then he did.

He is young, strong, quick and has ball skills and is off contract at the end of next season I'm guessing. Shouldn't the club put their faith in him rather then Mellor who is only around for a season?

Macca

Coach
Whether the liability was Rieck or McGoldrick, that side of the park was a problem area, simple as that. We know Rieck is gone so if it continues then McGoldrick will have to be dropped. I hope the problem is rectified and McGoldy becomes the superstar we all think he can be. If not, see ya later.

tye

Juniors
That is great news he is off contract at the end of 05 because if he is any good he will have to show it consistantly, if not he can pack his bags, im not a big fan of his but i hope he has a bumper year and can go on. :oops: :oops: :oops:

gavin_miller

Juniors
Hey Special K,I didn't mean to write McGoldrick off entirely. As far as I know he is a local, and big and strong in attack. It just seemed like he was letting blokes go round him due to his positional play or jumping up out of the line etc...I know Riecky didn't help too much, I just thought Mellor might defend better in the centres and McGoldrick could try his luck on the wing?It seems that Stu Raper is a fan of his and I trust Stu so...maybe its a case of him learning as he goes?
I cannot wait for the new year because I can see the potential there.