What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R13 Sat :: Sea Eagles 38 Roosters 18 @ Brookvale

Round 13 :: Sea Eagles v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gmac

Juniors
Argh! Don't suppose you knights fans want to take chris Bailey back do you :crazy:

Manly will come away with the points from the game but I was impressed with the Roosters fight. Looked more cohesive and passionate than they have in a while. It took Manly seventy odd minutes to put the roosters away. Great quality game too, best this weekend so far (it's early I know).

JT_

Juniors
We were pretty good overall. I'd say one of our most consistent games of the season and it came against a top side. Just the little things that we couldn't get done that allowed Manly to win this one.

It was our best performance in ages, with that being a 20 point loss it doesn't show good times. I am not taking that away from our conquerors. Well done Manly, you keep showing you'll be a force this year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Gotta say, i settled in to my lounge to watch this one waiting on the better half to finish work, expecting to see a real stinker of a game and was pleasently surprised, good ball movement, good kicking game and free flowing attack from both sides, fairly entertaining game.
easily one of the roosters best efforts, manly look to be slowly clicking into gear and with B.Stewart still to come back in, a few sides might be looking over the shoulder soon.

the 20 point margin flattered the eagles, was more about an 8 point win IMHO.

Well in both sides. Here's hoping the cowboys/rabbits is as good a clash

adamkungl

Immortal
My thoughts -
Our best game in ages. Unlucky to win, some moments just didn't go our way, the intercept try to Wolfman, SKD getting midair tackled and falling just on the wrong side of the tryline, Tuigamala not being able to catch. Lack of urgency at times killed us, balls we should have jumped on that Manly got to first, stuff like that.

I know its only one game, but it looks like Freddy and the boys spent the 2 weeks off very well. The enthusiasm was back, and they looked to be playing as a team again. We looked sharper than we have all year, our halves both played very good games imo. Good service out to the backs, and kicking game was pinpoint. Sa and Jones actually looked decent in the centres tonight, the backline was very effective.
The forwards hit hard all night, Shrek played his best game of the year I thought, Mason was quiet (*sigh*).

Overall, pretty happy considering we lost. We need a win to keep up morale, but I don't think that win is far away. Bring on the Titans next week.

Also, LOL@Tansey. Slipped over twice when kicking the ball.

Rovelli

Bench
Score flattered Manly. Perhaps they deserved the win, but the Chooks didn't play like a side beaten 38-18. That score makes it seem like a mauling; clearly it wasn't.

Manly gathering momentum now. If not for that awful call against the Titans, they'd be in the 8

effnic

Bench
Score flattered Manly. Perhaps they deserved the win, but the Chooks didn't play like a side beaten 38-18. That score makes it seem like a mauling; clearly it wasn't.

Manly gathering momentum now. If not for that awful call against the Titans, they'd be in the 8

That just proves how horrible 90% of all teams are this year, after our shocking start and we still are there abouts, actually i would go as far as saying there is not one flash team in the comp this year, the teams at the top are just playing safer football nothing special about them at all. With the backline of the broncos i would say on paper they should be competetion leaders by about 6 points and they have the premiership in the bag, but they are just going along safetly.