What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R16 Sat :: Titans 28 Warriors 12 @ Skilled

Round 16 :: Titans v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

teams-gco-main.jpg

1. Preston Campbell
2. Kevin Gordon 3. Esi Tonga 4. Brett Delaney 5. Chris Walker
6. Mat Rogers 7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Matt White 9. Nathan Friend 10. Michael Henderson
11. Anthony Laffranchi 12. Brad Meyers
13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange: 14. Aaron Cannings 15. Will Matthews 16. Luke O'Dwyer 17. William Zillman
Reserves: 18. Josh Graham 19. Daniel Conn

teams-nzw-main.jpg

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Kevin Locke 3. Patrick Ah Van 4. Joel Moon 5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Lance Hohaia 7. Stacey Jones
8. Sam Rapira 9. Ian Henderson 10. Steve Price (c)
11. Simon Mannering 12. Lewis Brown
13. Micheal Luck (vc)

Interchange: 14. Aaron Heremaia 15. Jesse Royal 16. Ben Matulino 17. Jacob Lillyman
Reserves: 20. Russell Packer

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins & Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner & Grant Atkins
Video Referee: Tim Mander

Toyota Cup Round 16
Gold Coast v New Zealand
Skilled Park, Saturday 3:15pm

QLD Cup Round 14
Ipswich (GCO) v Tweed Heads (GCO)
Briggs Road, Saturday 3:00pm

NSW Cup Round 14
Central Coast (MEL) v Auckland (NZW)
Morrie Breen Oval, Saturday 1:30pm

r16-gconzw.jpg

Last edited:

bigmac103

Juniors
Titans: 24
Warriors: 14

Happy to be proved wrong though...but with our current inconsistency, I don't think it's likely.

Rovelli

Bench
Warriors needed to play quickly after shutting out the Knights so bravely last week, but had their final bye of the season. It's a season-defining few weeks for the team, Titans and Broncos away, then Bulldogs at home. You wouldn't back them in any of those matches, but if there's a time where our season turns around, it would be a stirring away win here. Titans are unbeaten at Skilled though...

Rovelli

Bench
No Bailey, no Minichello, then no Harrison and now no Rogers.

Preston to #6 and Zillman to #1 still fills out the lineup pretty well, but the Titans are understrength.

If we are going to end up anywhere near the heights promised at the start of the season, this is the place to do it.

Warriors by 4.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Warriors haven't scored more than 14 points in their last 7 games. Even with their injuries it's hard to see a team with Prince scoring less than 14 on a dry pitch against a team that hasn't travelled well and struggled defensively at times.

Only hope is that the injuries allow the Warriors forwards to roll the Titans and give enough possession for even the inept Warriors attack to capitalise on.

However, seeing as Packer is in the U20's it looks like Royal and Lillyman have beat him to the bench spots. First mistake - Warriors.

Martli

Coach
Toyota Cup:

32 - 10 warriors

Didn't watch much of it, how'd packer go? f**king idiot call dropping him to the U20s.

Ankle/shin injuries to both wingers at the end of the game, pretty sh*t.

Last edited:

Rovelli

Bench
Warriors and Tigers are like brothers.

Both can dominate parts of a game and create chances, but neither are good enough to put the points on the board to show for it. And, first chance for the Titans, they score pretty easily.

Prove me wrong Warriors.

Martli

Coach
3rd f**king time they've broken the line and gone a good distance of the field. What the f**k is going on.

bigmac103

Juniors
Titans try - Brilliant intercept try by David Mead - 95m!

Conversion in off the upright - 16-2 Titans - almost 5 min. till HT

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It's frustrating for the fans, but thankfully I haven't been under the disillusion that the Warriors will make one of their stirring second half revivals this season.

I've got little sympathy for the Warriors. As much as I'd like to see them succeed they've only got themselves to blame for the way the season has turned out.

They're as boring as anything I've seen in the years I've been watching league and for them to make a second half revival this season would be sad justification for a negative outdated brand of league that rightfully should be beaten more often than not.

bigmac103

Juniors
HT: Titans 16-Warriors 2

Well, quite frankly, it's been a piss-poor performance so far. We were good in the first 10 minutes leading up to the penalty, but after that we've just gone through the floor. And the fact that the Titan's tries were more often than not started from their own territory goes to show that we aren't making those first up hits and allowing guys like Prince, Laffranchi et al to make cheap metres and bury us. Although, I will say that Mead try was fantastic.

We mmed to score first AND buck up our defence if we're to have a hope in hell of winning