What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R6 Sun :: Warriors 17 Roosters 16 @ Mt Smart

Round 6 :: Warriors or Roosters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
How the f**k do you come to this f**king conclusion when we had 3 penalties for the entire 80 minutes? Favoured us in the first yet we still didn't get as many penalties as you in the first half.

Predicted on monday or tuesday the sheep f**kers would win an astronomical penalty count.

You're just getting your knockers in a knot, but maybe I suggest you watch a game properly without rosey cloured glasses. Roosters got everything in the first half just as the Warriors did in the 2nd. It evens everything out. The difference was the Warriors played that much better than the Roosters in the 2nd, while the Roosters went to sleep cuddling the point.

And really you should just drop that Kiwi bashing act because it's really getitng old and shows your lack of understanding.

Iafeta

Referee
Agreed
By the letter of the law it probably should have been awarded but its a f**king ridiculous rule, never liked it, if your not in control, dont award the try, so im glad simpkin's didnt award it.

I personally don't like the six to go if you regain the ball from a charge down or the 40/20 rule. But they are the rules, as prescribed to all referees to follow. You can't get subjective in the video referees box to come up with altering decisions from one game to the next on the same play.

It was a try by the way the rulings are being called.

The Shackleton one was also off a marginally forward pass.

Rovelli

Bench
Aside from his GK today Kemp did all right. Made a couple of kicks look pretty good

In a short news snippet, he said he hasn't get much ball so far and the cynical tackle of Gidley last week was his best chance to score a try.

It couldn't be more true. He hasn't got any ball.

And once again today, he hardly saw any football. We focussed on the Manu side of the play naturally, but with Kirk there, we still went his way.

He's the fastest guy on our team and despite being a benefactor of Locky/cutie last season, the man knows how to score tries.

It would be nice if we ran some second-man plays to test the defense, because at the moment, we have been playing mostly in the centre of the park and finding it tough to get through. We also haven't played a lot of football at the line, which gives us chances to punch through. This is also a problem also with having plenty of little men on the park at once (Hendo in the second row).

Just happy we won. Could have been disjointed, injured players coming back, but happy we got the two points.

voltron

Juniors
wat was with the penalty count?
6 - 3 in first half
and
4 - 0 in the second
a stupid lopsided count like that is what almost left the warriors come back and beat the knights last week
and it happens again, so of course the warriors win if they keep getting a leg up like this

Choppies

Coach
I thought both teams were their own worst enemies today. Bad refereeing for both sides didn't help either. How Cummins is a 1st grade ref is beyond me. The questionable calls for both sides had me shaking my head. We have 5 officials per game and they still can't get the simple things right. I did like how the Warriors chanced their arm in Golden Point and ended up with the win.I would have liked it alot more had it not been against the Roosters. That said well done Warriors. See you round 19.
Great to see Stacey Jones back in the NRL as well.

Bernster

Juniors
I saw the look on Willie Mason's face when the game finished and he looked like he was going to go and cry to someone who really gave a rats (like some Netball coach)...That was soooooooo priceless :D

adamkungl

Immortal
Also, one more thing. Atmosphere at Mt Smart sounds awesome even on TV. The noise of the crowd in the second half just gave me the feeling the whole time that Warriors would get home. Sounded massive

Latest posts