What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R8 Fri :: Sea Eagles 8 Storm 22 @ Brookvale

Sea Eagles/Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussies1st

Staff member
I can't believe Manly didn't try exploiting the Storm left hand side defence more, it was a shambles and they looked like crossing everytime they went that way. Once it got to the last play you could tell Manly weren't going to score as Orford bombs had nothing.

AILD

Bench
that side of the field has sucked for the past two years. GI and winger like to rush up...f**king sh*ts me.

AILD

Bench
He's right Gart's. The Storm could've given us a record breaking thrashing, in last year's Grand Final! Thus making this seasons results all the more hard to take!

Exactly! See...you guys win the grand final and the world champs etc and than you dont make the 8 the next year...that would be even more embarrasing than losing the GF 40-0.

Daddycool

Juniors
Exactly! See...you guys win the grand final and the world champs etc and than you dont make the 8 the next year...that would be even more embarrasing than losing the GF 40-0.
I would'nt say embarrasing, just disappointing.

Failing to even trouble the scorer in the Grand Final after all the trash talk. Now that must have been embarrasing!

AILD

Bench
No it was disappointing aswell. But not making the 8 after winning the gf...thats shameful. Getting smashed by the better team on the night isnt embarrassing. but knowing your a one man team (and may be without that one man for many many years) and that your season is over before it started.....is really shameful.

One question from the game, and clearly it had no impact on the result, but late in the second half, there is a knock on where Ballin passes from dummy half to his forward close to the line, who drops it and knocks it on, where Ballin grabs the ball and attempts to play on. Was ruled a knock on of course, but how is it not offside, when Ballin is infront of the player who knocked the ball on, and catches the ball meaning he clearly played at it rather than accidental offside...
Like I said, just a question as I couldn't understand it is all

Daddycool

Juniors
For once I agree with you. Manly's efforts this year have been nothing short of shameful.

My point is....as disappointing as this year is turning out, it would have been worse had they not won it last year.

On last nights game, I didn't think the Storm were all that good either. However, it's a measure of how badly Manly are travelling that......the Storm can be ordinary, yet still beat them.

Finch looked good last night. That final play when Matai made that long break, plenty of Storm players made the effort to turn and chase. Not many Manly players could be bothered, so when he threw the pass it landed in the arms of a Storm player, Finch. Pretty much sums up their season to date.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The way the NRL has gone Manly will probably bloody beat Brisbane next week :lol:

Average last night, not worth commenting on

Just 1 thing about Inglis at centre, is he lazy in defence, or just over conifident ? He is going to get burned by some very good centres if he always allows them the room he did last night

Firey_Dragon

Coach
The way the NRL has gone Manly will probably bloody beat Brisbane next week :lol:

Average last night, not worth commenting on

Just 1 thing about Inglis at centre, is he lazy in defence, or just over conifident ? He is going to get burned by some very good centres if he always allows them the room he did last night
Manly would struggle to beat Cronulla at the moment. I can't believe the turnaround in form Manly has had this year.

Dutchy

Immortal
So. Can I bag Orford? Or will other Manly fans tell me I should "support" my captain, my heart and soul, like they always do.

Seriously, the guy is a dud. I said that when we signed him, said that since he has been at the club. Fluked a DallyM because our form props and backs made him look super dooper awesome!

He is NOT a leader, give the captaincy to Kite FFS. He is lucky to be playing first grade imo. I would drop Orford for a week or 2 if I were coach. If only Foran and Cherry-Evans werent both injured.

Orford played exactly the type of game he always has - and he's done it both at Melbourne, and now at Manly. If the team is on top, he will make them win by 20-30. Put them under the pump, and he can't help dig them out of it. That is also why he will never play origin

LESStar58

Referee
LMFAO at all the tools at Brookie with their 40-0 banners!

It's in the record books. History. Move on. 40-0 means f**k all when you are the defending prmiers and you are having your 2nd worse start to a season (2004 was their worst I think Rabs said during the telecast).

And 10K people for a grand final replay at the home ground of said defending premiers? I'm sorry but that is incredibly poor form and the big wigs at Manly are probably fuming... and rightly so. Wait til the return leg at Olympic. We'll have 12-14K minimum!

LESStar58

Referee
Orford played exactly the type of game he always has - and he's done it both at Melbourne, and now at Manly. If the team is on top, he will make them win by 20-30. Put them under the pump, and he can't help dig them out of it. That is also why he will never play origin

LOL at the little circus midget falling on his arse when he made a God awful mistake in defense and tackled Koopu instead of reading the play properly in the lead up to Zappa's try. Not unlike when he did it for Storm against Brisbane in that 2005 final and Tate had his try denied that would have given the Broncos the lead. Then he has the conceit to complain to the referee for being taken out?

Didn't they learn anything from 2007 that Melbourne are one of the most effective teams at scoring tries off decoy runs. See the first tries by Quinn and Ingliss and also Matty King's try in that grand final when Manly got caught out and couldn't play slide defense...

Aside from that Orford was pretty ordinary last night!

So. Can I bag Orford? Or will other Manly fans tell me I should "support" my captain, my heart and soul, like they always do.

Seriously, the guy is a dud. I said that when we signed him, said that since he has been at the club. Fluked a DallyM because our form props and backs made him look super dooper awesome!

He is NOT a leader, give the captaincy to Kite FFS. He is lucky to be playing first grade imo. I would drop Orford for a week or 2 if I were coach. If only Foran and Cherry-Evans werent both injured.

Hallelujah...I have been singing Orford's "dud" status even when he was at Storm.

The guy has a crap kicking game, is not a leader and takes poor options.

Please sign him for life Manly...;-)