What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 spooners thread...

Lynch

Juniors
OK..im sorry but i had to test bulldog fans optimism.
i have many friends that support the dogs.
although the optimism about next season between them all is not great in regards to climbing off the dregs of the nrl ladder.
in all seriousness how do u guys rate ur chances in climbing off the bottom of the ladder?:D

Bulldog Force

Referee
OK..im sorry but i had to test bulldog fans optimism.
i have many friends that support the dogs.
although the optimism about next season between them all is not great in regards to climbing off the dregs of the nrl ladder.
in all seriousness how do u guys rate ur chances in climbing off the bottom of the ladder?:D
With 8 posts, you're trying to make quite a name for yourself ay?

To answer your question, fringe top 8.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Dogs will be lucky to get higher then 14th imo.
You obviously haven't done your homework. We've signed Ennis, Hannant and Morris. Those 3 alone are enough bring the dogs into about 12th place. Add onto that other signings such as Kimmorley, who, may I add, is finding his old Melbourne Storm form again, Goodwin from the Sharks and Gordon from Souths. Bring in the old timers playing career best footy - Andrew Ryan and the returning General, Luke Patten, exciting young talent coming through, Jamal Idris, Ben Barba and John Kite - I see top 8.

Gaba

First Grade
You obviously haven't done your homework. We've signed Ennis, Hannant and Morris. Those 3 alone are enough bring the dogs into about 12th place. Add onto that other signings such as Kimmorley, who, may I add, is finding his old Melbourne Storm form again, Goodwin from the Sharks and Gordon from Souths. Bring in the old timers playing career best footy - Andrew Ryan and the returning General, Luke Patten, exciting young talent coming through, Jamal Idris, Ben Barba and John Kite - I see top 8.

Yes i have, Ennis and Hannant are coming from a team with rep quality players, Ennis without those players in the side yes he played well but did not have the same impact when he was playing with the full strength broncos.

And i think the weaken bronco side is still stronger then the bulldogs team this year and next year , so ennis will not make the impact as the dogs are hoping , hannant is the same i cant see him doing much damage for the dogs.

Morris yes he has improved but i still not impressed with his tackling or handling still suspect, and will also not be a impact player as the dogs will hope

Kimmorely ending his career playing under an new unknown coach, and kimmorely will not have experience along side him in the 5/8 , plus his flat passing style will not give morris etc a chance to do anything

Bulldogs players like pattern, ryan , etc are also coming to the end of their careers and are injurys pronge and getting slower

Speed and experience is another factor with the bulldogs they still lack alot of speed / experience

maybe in 3 years the bulldogs may become a top 8 team but not in the next few years

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
As much as i hate the dogs, i think they bought fairly well for next year and only their unproven coach may stand in their way of finishing in the 8. Based solely on player recruitments, i would have them finishing between 5th and 9th, but with a coach with no NRL experience (as a head coach) i have them finishing between 8th and 12th.

cb4

First Grade
no spoon for them
souths or titans as a wild card an for sh*ts and giggles

Dognacious

Juniors
I reckon we will make the 8 for sure, and how high up will depend on how fast the new recruits fit into the side and get some combos going. If BK clicks with this side early on, we could make the 4 IMO. I rate BK highly. He was in a side this year that isnt that great IMO and he got them into the top 4. We have more talent than the Sharks to play with so it could be gooooddd.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I reckon we will make the 8 for sure, and how high up will depend on how fast the new recruits fit into the side and get some combos going. If BK clicks with this side early on, we could make the 4 IMO. I rate BK highly. He was in a side this year that isnt that great IMO and he got them into the top 4. We have more talent than the Sharks to play with so it could be gooooddd.
How many more Kennel rejects are going to join here???

cb4

First Grade

lets see how you like kimmorley in april next year

BWNB

First Grade

Bwahah, what a first post, your going to make a name for yourself.
BK kept us from the Minor premiership, anyway. Enjoy!

Dognacious

Juniors
Bwahah, what a first post, your going to make a name for yourself.
BK kept us from the Minor premiership, anyway. Enjoy!

Most of what i like about him is he will organise the side. A major problem we had this year was we were completely disorganised and had no structure. We need someone to steer the ship. He will do fine.

I expect a few Sharks supporters to bag BK, after all we did the same to Mason and SBW when they left (in other forums).

dogz08

First Grade
I don't mind BK comeing here, it's just he's attack it's to predictable, the inside passes the flat balls, it does my head in!!

Latest posts