What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$10,000 Richer

SharkShocked

Bench
Someone please ring up that Muppet Terry Kennedy on the BSB on Monday and get absolutely stuck in to him.

He claimed that the roosters would 'win it for certain'

Special K

Coach
A great effort and it was good to see the club get behind it. I read the Jeremy smith chat and he seemed to be having a great time doing it. The tour they gave to people who joined today sounded pretty cool - just a shame for all of us who renewed last year. But still a great effort by the club!

SadShark

Bench
When interviewed by the " know all, never played" kaarrnt, our players, coach, management etc need to remind this preeeeiick of how much he's against us.

We need to do what Melbourne did to Ray Hadleys hate of them & just win a premiership all over his head.

Nothing about the win on the NRL site, as at 9.30pm - in fact their lunchtime update had sharks at least 40 memberships off the lead!
A BIG 'well done' to all those involved if this is official!

Frailty

First Grade
http://www.nrl.com/news/latestnews/...untdown-in-battle-of-the-beaches/default.aspx

Final countdown in 'Battle of the Beaches'

NRL Fri, 04 Feb 2011 15:00:00
eaglesfans_1_320.jpg
Sea Eagles fans have joined up in big numbers this afternoon Copyright: Getty Images

The Sydney Roosters continue to hold the lead in the ‘Battle of the Beaches’ as we count down the hours till a winner is decided.

In what has already been an amazing week of membership sales for the three clubs involved, all sides have continue to secure another 300+ worth of sales this morning heading into lunch, and are all within striking distance of each other.

Manly has had the strongest sales of the morning period, moving back into second spot, and sitting less than 30 memberships behind leaders the Roosters, whilst the Sharks sit just another 11 memberships behind them.

It’s not too late to get behind your club and help them win the ‘Battle of the Beaches’! Simply purchase a membership before 5pm today to add to your club’s total!

The winner of the Battle of the Beaches will be announced on the respective club’s website.

It's official.

nrl.com are fair slow.

yeah, the facebook frenzy..was basically Jeremy Smith and Gallen turned up to the club and logged in as the sharks on the facebook page.

you could then ask em questions, they would reply and every so often they would push membership and to call the club.

also, if you used the offer code when you signed up you could get a tour of the new training facility.

id say the harvey norman bays sold well as well.

the club has been really pushing the social media stuff. which is smart because the set up is free an you just need one club employee to log in and type away. on facebook theyve been engaging the fans directly trying to convert those people into members. stuff like "Jim according to our records you are not a football club member, if you would like to sign up call ........"

we all know people respond to being called out on the internet.

cleary89

Coach
Well done, at one point was pretty tempted to sign up for one of those Harvey Norman bays, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

ratsack2

Juniors
so does anyone know how many members we got during the drive and how many we have over all???

cleary89

Coach
Was 1.7k lunch time thursday, final numbers aren't out yet. pretty sure you had 4.2 before it...

according to teh media releaswe we more than doubled our memberships in the space of the week.

dunno how many are ticketed or whatever. but at a minimum they spent 60 bucks.

plus we get 10k free advertsing.

amcoglory

Juniors
i did my bit
for $125.00 even if i only go to a coulple of games it is well worth it to support the team.

good on ya Jerry

Claws Panther

Juniors
hey guys I am a bit confused?? The daily telegraph yesterday had the sharks last in membership with 2300 members after the battle of the beaches? yet you won the battle of the beaches? was there a heap of give away non-ticketed memberships or something??
i am not trying to sound negative just genuinely confused by the random numbers that are always posted in the papers they never add up.