What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Origin I | Wed 26 May | NSW 24-28 QLD | ANZ

Origin I - WHO WILL WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mattyVOK

Bench
I am still not happy at all with the side picked but the stars seem to be aligning for NSW at the moment. Smith out, Inglis in doubt (although will probably play) and most importantly, HEAVY rain predicted for wednesday. This can only help the blues IMO

Doomednow

Bench
When I first saw the side I thought we had already lost again. Maybe its the media hype but I'm starting to feel more confident. Smith out, Lockyer is past his best... or maybe I'm just getting super pumped for the game regardless.

Can't fathom why Gidley is still in our side. I expect to see him dropped after game one if he doesn't perform or the people of NSW should collectively exercise some democracy and drop our side's selectors.

Interested to see how Idris fares, one way or another.

NSW by 8. ish.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Gidley may not be as flashy as Hayne, but he's certainly more consistent ...

cupid

Juniors
Gidley may not be as flashy as Hayne, but he's certainly more consistent ...
He is consistently good, but he doesn't have the star quality that Hayne brings to the role, a player who can create something out of nothing

Jobdog

Live Update Team
It's ok all you lot who are having a whinge about Hayne not being fullback - he'll spend some time there tomorrow night ;-)

Garts

Bench
I dont think our team is that bad. The only position I question is Gidley at fullback but he will try his arse off and do a decent job. Not like it was a shock he was picked either.

Doomednow

Bench
It's ok all you lot who are having a whinge about Hayne not being fullback - he'll spend some time there tomorrow night ;-)

Not sure if you're including me in "you lot" but my issue, and I'm thinking at least a few others', isn't with Hayne's position, it's with Gidley's selection. He put in a decidedly average performance last time, I'm not confident selecting him again as captain at least is a good idea. We'll have to wait till tomorrow night to find out though I guess.

I love how NSW are somehow the favourites for this. Never in a million years would I have thought we would get the underdog tag for this game!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't understand how NSW are favourites. Everyone's claiming Ballin could be a liability - I don't believe QLD ever trained with Cameron, Ballin was always part of their plans.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not sure if you're including me in "you lot" but my issue, and I'm thinking at least a few others', isn't with Hayne's position, it's with Gidley's selection. He put in a decidedly average performance last time, I'm not confident selecting him again as captain at least is a good idea. We'll have to wait till tomorrow night to find out though I guess.

Uhm, maybe game one you might have a point - but in game three, as much as I disagree with him being fullback, he played very well. Strong in defence and not entirely f**ked in attack. Less errors too.

Jason Maher

Immortal
NSW slight favourites with the bookies (gotta love people betting with their heart instead of their head), allowing Queensland to keep building their age-old myth of always winning or losing courageously. Oh well, if it helps them sleep better at night.

Personally I expect Queensland will win by 6-8. Too much class all over the paddock. They'll lose little with Ballin at 9.

Noa

First Grade
Ok, having digested the teams and the lead up I can now, exclusively, give my thoughts on tonights game.........Thought 1 - Some-one on the left edge of Queensland will be the first try-scorer, maybe Thurston backing up on the inside of GI............Thought 2 - NSW pack is sh*te, Luke Lewis is the only dependable player in the pack.....................Thought 3 - Cooper Cronk will play a blinder, so well in fact he'll split time almost equally with Ballin.......................Thought 4 - Queensland by 14

Latest posts