What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R6 | Fri | Titans 6-19 Dragons | Skilled

Result: Titans v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Watching it at the game, and the replay on the big screen, the pass to Morris was fine. At least a metre backwards. Will watch it again on the replay but the ref got it wrong.

Good defensive period from Saints in the second half won the game. Soward's try put it out of reach.

nehalem

Juniors
Watching it at the game, and the replay on the big screen, the pass to Morris was fine. At least a metre backwards. Will watch it again on the replay but the ref got it wrong.

Good defensive period from Saints in the second half won the game. Soward's try put it out of reach.

Nope, floated forward in the replay

cleary89

Coach
I think they would be definately top 5, maybe top 3 playing rosters. They don't have genuine game brakers, but every player is a good solid player who does his job week in week out. And I'd much rather have a team like that, then a team like parra who looks good on paper, but if Jarryd Hayne doesn't fire, they don't win.

So while they don't have a Slater, a Inglis, a Hayne, they have good solid players 7/13 playing rep football with more a genuine possibility.

Which teams do you think are better on paper?

Jono1987

Juniors
:crazy:

It was at least 3 metres forward.

Low game to be honest.

I was expecting much better - let's hope the second half is an improvement.

Thanks for that princess. Can't wait till a real team comes up against your...mob...Although I wouldn't be surprised to see the god awful Eels beat you.

Fein

First Grade
Thanks for that princess. Can't wait till a real team comes up against your...mob...Although I wouldn't be surprised to see the god awful Eels beat you.

I can assure you of one thing, like last year, we eagerly await your....mob.

As Kilkenny said though, hats off to Bennett's Dragons, they're in good shape with nearly 25% of the home and away season gone.

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
If you're referring to Origin, Brett White did enough fighting for everyone. Followed by some typical cat-like behaviour from that mug Hodges (though I'm still not sure why he wasn't the one that got belted instead, Price is a good guy)

:lol: That makes absolutely no sense, well done.

Admit it, Creagh is softer than Western Star extra spreadable. He ran crying from Hodges after trying to pick a fight in Origin and was tenderised even more by Thaiday last week.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I was so stoked with the way we defended last night. We didn't have a repeat set (except from penalties) all night, but they had plenty, and it took them until the 78th minute to crack us. Young in particular made some fine covering tackles that shut down some Titans plays that looked likely. We didn't offer that much in attack, which is an ongoing concern, but if we can defend like we did last night, we'll go a long way this season.

Special mention for Darius Boyd. He broke a tackle nearly every time he touched it. When he's on his game, he's almost impossible to stop. He has been chiming into our backline plays much better this season as well. I reckon the Broncos would sell their grandmothers to have him back.

The Titans definitely missed Prince. He is one of the best in the comp for timing passes to put players through gaps (not to mention his kicking game) and they needed someone like that against our watertight defence. They will definitely be there at the pointy end of the season, probably top 4 again.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I was so stoked with the way we defended last night. We didn't have a repeat set (except from penalties) all night, but they had plenty, and it took them until the 78th minute to crack us. Young in particular made some fine covering tackles that shut down some Titans plays that looked likely. We didn't offer that much in attack, which is an ongoing concern, but if we can defend like we did last night, we'll go a long way this season.

One thing about that defence is that it makes the opposing team's attack look flat and stalled any time they get near the line. The Dragons were rushing off the line early (or not even marking on the line) quite a bit, but almost every team seems to do this. Teams just seem to be rushing up too flat on the St George line - have seen it a few times this season.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Really?

1. Boyd (QLD)
2. Nightingale (NZ)
3. Cooper (NSW)
4. Scott (talking about NSW this year)
5. Morris (Australia)
6. Soward (possible NSW, one of the better 5/8s in the game)
7. Hornby (Has had NSW, good captain)
8. Weyman (NSW)
9. Fien (NZ)
10. Hunt
11. Smith (NZ)
12. Creagh (NSW)
13. Young

So 4 will play origin this year (which would be one of the most out of any club). 4 play for NZ. And then have Soward, Scott, Young, Hornby and Hunt as the other 5.

If thats not one of the better line ups in the NRL, I'm not sure what is.
To be fair, most of our players were not playing anywhere near their potential until Bennett jumped on board. He turned alot of them in rep players, or at the worst fringe rep players.

I'm just loving the footy we're playing at the moment, no player ever puts in a bad performance.

Last edited:

j0nesy

Bench
One thing about that defence is that it makes the opposing team's attack look flat and stalled any time they get near the line. The Dragons were rushing off the line early (or not even marking on the line) quite a bit, but almost every team seems to do this. Teams just seem to be rushing up too flat on the St George line - have seen it a few times this season.

Good point. The Dragon's did not do this against the baby Broncos the week before, it was the flattest I have seen them look all season. Glad to see them back to their defensive best this week. They needed to be at their best with 4 starting players ruled out through injury or suspension.

thommo4pm

Coach
:lol: That makes absolutely no sense, well done.

Admit it, Creagh is softer than Western Star extra spreadable. He ran crying from Hodges after trying to pick a fight in Origin and was tenderised even more by Thaiday last week.

That would explain why Thaiday was knocked out while trying to tackle Creagh last week. :lol: :crazy: :lol:

thommo4pm

Coach
pfft Thaiday played on, and even put Creagh on his arse one more time. Creagh and Cooper were his bitches that night.

Yep, didn't see Creagh getting knocked out in any tackles he made that night.
Thaiday played well and was Brisbane's best, would hardly go to the lengths you are stating though.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Maybe under your framework of RL, but in the NRL we call it a "forward pass". :p

Under the official rules of rugby league if it is thrown backward but floats forward due to the momentum of the player who passed it, it is a legitimate pass. That is exactly what happened with Soward's pass to Morris.

Fein

First Grade
Under the official rules of rugby league if it is thrown backward but floats forward due to the momentum of the player who passed it, it is a legitimate pass. That is exactly what happened with Soward's pass to Morris.

:lol:

bullsh*t.

Hutty1986

Immortal
pfft Thaiday played on, and even put Creagh on his arse one more time. Creagh and Cooper were his bitches that night.

I was wondering who you'd be jerking off over now that your useless cat of a centre isn't on the field to make empty threats

Dragon

Coach

bullsh*t.

Heres a simple experiment even a souffs fan can attempt. Next time you are on the bus to centrelink, hold an apple (any object really, you should have plenty of spare spoons) out of the window and throw it backwards like you would a footy, see if it floats forward.

Better yet throw yourself out of a high speed train

Firey_Dragon

Coach

bullsh*t.

I suggest you read the rulebook if you disagree with that statement. You can say the pass was forward if you want, but what he said about the rules were correct.

Soward threw a 20-25m pass running at 15-20kmh, the ball floated 2m forward, to throw a pass that length and running forward at any speed he had to have thrown it backwards or flat at best for it to only drift 2m forward IMO. But there is never any consistency in the ruling.

Latest posts