What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100m Womens Sprint

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
looking at it this morning, poor girl is devastated and it was very poorly handled like everything else in Delhi, but bottom line is she did break

El Diablo

Post Whore
looking at it this morning, poor girl is devastated and it was very poorly handled like everything else in Delhi, but bottom line is she did break

but should have been DQ'd instantly, not on the way to the podium

Deacon

First Grade
Im sorry for my language but the English are absolute F*ckwits, Im sure if Turner won and Pearson finished 2nd no protest would of been lodged, but in saying that she should of never raced, the officials sum up the Commonwealth games really, Farked!!

IanG

Coach
Well when their country's cricketers are picking balls out of their ears later this year they know who they can blame.

Danish

Referee
Reading the reports on this I don't understand how she could be disqualified??

She (and the other girl) broke AFTER the gun... how is that a false start exactly?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
A classic example of administrators ruining a sport, first the rule itself, then the f**k up....

In the end they had a race...Sally won it.

Administrators ruining sport...happens to often.

Sally fastest chick over 100 in the Commonwealth.

Danish

Referee
Looking into the rule more, it seems anyone reacting in under 0.1s is deemed a false start, as humans can't react that fast so they must have just been guessing when the gun will fire rather than reacting to it....

What a ridiculous rule. In a sport where every millisecond counts, why shouldn't someone be allowed to anticipate the gun?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Go Sally they cannot take the hurdles from you.

Superb athlete.

f**king pommy who ran 4th now gets silver and will proud, should be ashamed.

GO SALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IanG

Coach
Go Sally they cannot take the hurdles from you.

Superb athlete.

f**king pommy who ran 4th now gets silver and will proud, should be ashamed.

GO SALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here here to that.
Sally-Pearson-006.jpg

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Oludamola stripped of gold medal as Pearson steps up attacks October 13, 2010
In the latest twist to the bizarre women’s 100m sprint at the Delhi Commonwealth Games, the woman who was third across the line is now the gold medallist.
St Vincent and the Grenadines sprinter Natasha Mayers has been awarded the gold following the suspension of Nigerian Osayemi Oludamola for a positive drugs test.
The race took just over 11 seconds to complete, but it took five days to find an official winner.
Oludamola initially finished second in a race won by Australian Sally Pearson, who was later disqualified for an earlier false start.
The Commonwealth Games Federation on Tuesday said testing of Oludamola’s ‘‘B’’ sample confirmed a finding of the prohibited substance Methylhexaneamine and she would be stripped of the gold medal.
The silver medal from the sprint has now gone to England’s Katherine Endacott while the bronze goes to Bertille Delphine Atangana of Cameroon, who was fifth past the line.
Earlier, Pearson stepped up her condemnation of Nigerian Osayemi Oludamola, who crossed the line second but was handed gold in Pearson's ill-fated 100m final, later recording a positive test to a stimulant banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency, but set to be downgraded to ''non-specified'' status next year.
''It's good to know they're still catching them but it's disappointing to know there's still a drug cheat out there,'' said Pearson who, having been stripped of gold for a disputed false start, had called the positive test ''a joke.''
''I'm glad I still beat her. Obviously I didn't get the medal but it's still nice to run and know that I could beat her. It's been a bit of a joke really but what can you do? I wasn't a medallist on the night and I'm not now [in the 100m].
''You just have to put up with it; that's sport. I'm going out there drug-free. I'm racing to the best of my ability and what else can I do? I love the sport and I'm going to do everything I can to keep the drugs out of sport but there's always going to be a few.''
Pearson, who ate about five Tim Tams after her hurdles victory, said the past week had been ''amazing''.
''[But it's been] the hardest week of my life,'' she said. ''I don't know how I was able to overcome the 100 metres disappointment but I had to block it out of my mind and not think about it as much as possible. As soon as I crossed the finish line in the hurdles it all just came welling up again. It all came out.''

http://www.smh.com.au/commonwealth-...-pearson-steps-up-attacks-20101012-16hth.html

Official, whinging Pommy gets silver.

Shame shame shame.

Danish

Referee
I'm still interested in an explanation on how breaking 0.071 seconds AFTER the gun is considered a false start, personally...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately these games will be remembered for all the wrong reasons