What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R1 | Sat | Warriors 18-24 Eels | Eden Park

R1: WAR v PAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meth

Staff member
Great hit Moimoi

Pathetic last set of 6 Warriors

Well done Eels. Well deserved

skeepe

Immortal
The best team won. Very disappointing by the Warriors.

After the horrible performances of James and Lyons I take back all the good words I said about the referees earlier. They were beyond awful, consistently getting the big calls wrong.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Mortimer tried to give that away at the end - dropped the ball instead of kicking it on the 4th last set of 6 in the whole game - gave the Warriors an attacking chance

Then a massive kick from Hayne is wasted by Mortimer - gives away a dumb penalty.

Thanks to MoiMoi for smashing Hohaia into next week to save the game though.

skeepe

Immortal
The best team won. Very disappointing by the Warriors.

After the horrible performances of James and Lyons I take back all the good words I said about the referees earlier. They were beyond awful, consistently getting the big calls wrong.

Billythekid

First Grade
Warriors made a lot of sh*t errors but i thought they showed some promise. Parra's attack looked just as flat as last year and most of their tries came from silly mistakes. Also when the warriors had the ball parras defense looked to be struggling.

It was an impressive win but i think they have some things to work on.

I think if the warriors can cut out the silly mistakes they will be hard to beat. Also the fish has to go, he damn well near lost them the game by himself.

stormbati

Bench
Parra's offense is a work in progress but at least they can hold the ball and show some discipline. Good signs there, definately a different attitude.

boxhead

First Grade
We haven't played with such structure or dominance in posessions, error-free and completion-rate high footy in years.

Still a work in progress but to beat one of the heavily tipped teams to make the eight is a top effort, especially playing in New Zealand. The Warriors only scored off either a miracle try or errors/penalties we gave away.
We sort of fell away at the end there but very good signs.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I see Kearney has been working on Haynes positioning.

I thought the same thing. He still needs to work on setting up his outside men and support play, but he is improving in the areas people said he needed to.

Overall I was pleased with the improvement in the team. We need to work on a few things, mainly keeping focused on the job and finding better ways to execute plays but we are on the right track to success.

boxhead

First Grade
There was no star-performer really.
It was a team-effort.

The forwards were outstanding and against a huge Warriors pack with a lot of big names they dominated for most of the match in defence and metres.

Dingus

Juniors
Great game to see, massive crowd as some good returns to the nrl by mcguire and berrigan. Warriors forwards were making big metres when not dropping the ball, when they sought themselves out they should be quite good

Latest posts