What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R11 | Fri | Raiders 20-12 Bulldogs | Canberra #nrlcancan

R11: CAN v CBY

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Happy to cop Harrison over Ryan doga - Harrison's an NZ international, Ryan's been a butterfingers lately although he has a strong work ethic.

Notaleaver

Juniors
the dugan will be sorely missed however it is balanced out by the lack of orford.

Still, the dogs by 8 . after the raiders start to reel us but run out of time

skeepe

Immortal
Wow, elevated thoughts of your own players much?

Neutrals think Tolman is the second best prop in the game. Tilse isn't even under consideration for rep selection at the moment.

Tolman and Hodkinson are both > their opposites. Stagg is also > Fensom. What rep footy has Fensom played? Has Fensom ever been as popular as Stagg in Fantasy?

Agree with the rest, although I'd possibly go as far to say that McCrone and Keating are possibly on par.

As for your little bench claim, you know our bench is infinitely stronger with names like Eastwood and Payne there.

Overall, we're a better outfit.

:lol:

Fantasy popularity is now a criteria for how good someone is?

Shaun Fensom is a far superior player to David Stagg, everyone knows it except myopic Bulldogs supporters.

Dane Tilse is also a lot better than Tolman. Seriously, he is. Just because he hasn't been talked up for rep selection doesn't mean he's no good. Or do you automatically now believe that Jason King is the best prop in NSW?

The only player the Bulldogs have who is better than his opposite number is Josh Morris. The rest - if they were Raiders they'd be playing for Souths Logan.

Timmah

Staff member

Shaun Fensom is a far superior player to David Stagg, everyone knows it except myopic Bulldogs supporters.

Dane Tilse is also a lot better than Tolman. Seriously, he is. Just because he hasn't been talked up for rep selection doesn't mean he's no good. Or do you automatically now believe that Jason King is the best prop in NSW?

The only player the Bulldogs have who is better than his opposite number is Josh Morris. The rest - if they were Raiders they'd be playing for Souths Logan.

Good to see your delusion knows no bounds.

Wow, elevated thoughts of your own players much?

Neutrals think Tolman is the second best prop in the game. Tilse isn't even under consideration for rep selection at the moment.

Tolman and Hodkinson are both > their opposites. Stagg is also > Fensom. What rep footy has Fensom played? Has Fensom ever been as popular as Stagg in Fantasy?

Agree with the rest, although I'd possibly go as far to say that McCrone and Keating are possibly on par.

As for your little bench claim, you know our bench is infinitely stronger with names like Eastwood and Payne there.

Overall, we're a better outfit.

I exaggerated on the Williams-Hodkinson comparison, but I still believe that Fensom and Stagg are on par with each other, and if I had to choose one over the other based on current form I'd go for the former.

Tolman I agree is in great form, however I am really surprised that big Dane Tilse's form of late hasn't been recognised by NSW/Country selectors. IMO, he should've been a shoe in for one of the prop positions for the Country side.

Skeepe did go over the top with his comparison though. :?

At full strength though, the tables would turn significantly. Our bench would be superior, as would our forward pack (I still think it is this week) and even our halves. Our backs at their best, are also a sight to see, but they just lack consistency.

I'm hopeful of a win, however not confident. I still think we are missing too many classy players. However, each time we have played Bulldogs in the past at home since 09, it has been when we have stuck to the AWFUL "game plan" David Furner encouraged. If the Storm game is anything to go by, our old structure has been thrown out the window and we are now playing with a bit more flair, and some set plays. If we play like we did vs Storm, we should be too strong. However, I really doubt we can achieve that.

Timmah

Staff member
Canberra Raiders v Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Friday 20 May 2011, kickoff 7:45pm; Canberra Stadium
Broadcast: Channel 9 LIVE NSW, Delayed QLD, ABC & 2GB Radio LIVE
Referees: Shayne Hayne & Chris James; Touch Judges: Paul Holland and Luke Potter; Video Referee: Tim Mander

Raiders: 1. Nathan Massey 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joel Thompson 5. Reece Robinson 6. Josh McCrone 7. Sam Williams 8. Dane Tilse 9. Alan Tongue (c) 10. Brett White 11. Danny Galea 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Shaun Fensom
Interchange: 14. Glen Buttriss 15. Josh Miller 16. Josh Papalii 17. Sam Mataora
Bulldogs: 1. Ben Barba 2. Steve Turner 3. Josh Morris 4. Jamal Idris 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Kris Keating 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Josh Reynolds 10. Sam Kasiano 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Andrew Ryan 13. David Stagg
Interchange: 14. Greg Eastwood 15. Jake Foster 16. Corey Payne 17. Dene Halatau

NRL Teams R11: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21142

Other teams (lower grades): http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21156

Hutty1986

Immortal

Are you serious?

Big Pete

Referee
Tolman is the second best prop in the game?

What?

I'm a fan of Tolman but until he proves himself at rep. he's barely in the top 10.

Are you seriously holding Stagg's sole Origin game (where Qld were beaten by a side with Finch at halfback...) against Fensom? Right now, I'd call them even (Stagg has achieved more, Fensom is in better form).

Timmah

Staff member
Until he proves himself at rep level?

Whilstever Jason King fraudulently finds himself selected for NSW, players like Tolman won't get an opportunity.

Big Pete

Referee
Until he proves himself at rep level?

Whilstever Jason King fraudulently finds himself selected for NSW, players like Tolman won't get an opportunity.

That only helps my argument. If Tolman was the 2nd best prop in the game, he'd be the first prop chosen for NSW.

He hasn't been and there are reasons there for that which count against him being the 2nd best prop in the game.

I agree he's a good player and I believe down the track he could potentially be the best, but c'mon that statement was just absurd.

Paullyboy

Coach
I like Tilse, but Tolman is significantly better than him. Tilse has moments of great, and moments of horror. Tolman is consistently good and is the sort of player every good team needs.

Timmah

Staff member
Tolman, Weyman, Snowden and Douglas (no partic. order) are all ahead of King, who is ahead of Tilse.

That's where I stand.

Paullyboy

Coach
Joe Picker replaces Danny Galea in the starting line for the Raiders tonight, don't think there are any other changes

Latest posts