What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R11 | Sun | Warriors 12-6 Rabbitohs | Mt Smart #nrlwarsou

R11: WAR v SOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2011teams-nzw-main.jpg

1. Kevin Locke 2. Krisnan Inu 3. Lewis Brown 4. Simon Mannering (c) 5. Manu Vatuvei 6. James Maloney 7. Brett Seymour
8. Russell Packer 9. Aaron Heremaia 10. Ben Matulino 11. Feleti Mateo 12. Elijah Taylor 13. Michael Luck

Interchange: 14. Shaun Berrigan 15. Lance Hohaia 16. Jeremy Latimore 17. Sione Lousi
Extended Bench: 18. Alehana Mara 19. Joel Moon 20. Ukuma Ta'ai

2011teams-sou-alt.jpg

1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Dylan Farrell 4. Shaune Corrigan 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow
8. Ben Ross 9. Issac Luke 10. Shannan McPherson 11. Dave Tyrrell 12. David Taylor 13. Michael Crocker (c)

Interchange: 14. Eddy Pettybourne 15. Jason Clark 16. Chris McQueen 17. Nathan Peats

2011ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Steve Lyons and Phil Haines
Touch Judges: David Abood and Gavin Reynolds; Video Referee: Chris Ward;

Toyota Cup Round 11
Warriors v Rabbitohs @ Mt Smart, Sun 1:45pm NZT (11:45am AEST LIVE Fox 2)

NSW Cup Round 11
Auckland (WAR) v Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) @ Mt Smart, Sat 1:00pm
Central Coast (NWC) v North Sydney (SOU) @ Morrie Breen Oval, Sat 3:00pm

Lower grade teams - click here

nrl-r11nzwsou.jpg

Last edited:

BranVan3000

Coach
Head says Warriors, gut says Rabbitohs. Depth players are standing up big time, but Warriors are a big pack and not really affected by Origin selections.

hitman82

Bench
Depends on what kind of team we can put together. Losing Rapira was bad, but Brown getting injured the yesterday is a disaster. If Lillyman (long odds) gets selected for Origin we are down to 2 decent front rowers.

Hopefully Locke can pull out another great performance from the back.

Warriors by 18

Meth

Staff member
Wouldn't be surprised if the Rabbitohs won- they are the kings when it comes to beating us when we are expected to win. Bastards

BranVan3000

Coach
I hate playing Warriors, not cause we lose but we always seem to walk away limping with injuries.

I'm sure Warriors don't like playing us much either though

BunniesMan

Immortal
If Roberts plays ahead of Talanoa my confidence increases on this one. We won convincingly last weekend even though we had the worst player on the field.

Also, hopefully Taylor doesn't get picked for Origin, and Lillyman does. If our big names fire like they did last week, we got this.

Besides, Warriors are overdue for a dissapointing game.

hitman82

Bench
Yeah injuries may indeed decide this one. Warriors missing our 2 best front rowers Lillyman and Rapira, best centre in Ropati, possibly our best all round player in Lewis Brown and Manu playing on 1 leg haha... ugh.

I will revise my prediction to a Rabbitoh's win by 4 - 10 points. TBH if they lose this game against a second string Warriors side, they may as well forget about finishing in the 8 this season.

I expect the Bunnies to start as very strong favourites. But hopefully the Warriors can win through tenacity.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Yeah injuries may indeed decide this one. Warriors missing our 2 best front rowers Lillyman and Rapira, best centre in Ropati, possibly our best all round player in Lewis Brown and Manu playing on 1 leg haha... ugh.

I will revise my prediction to a Rabbitoh's win by 4 - 10 points. TBH if they lose this game against a second string Warriors side, they may as well forget about finishing in the 8 this season.

I expect the Bunnies to start as very strong favourites. But hopefully the Warriors can win through tenacity.
Have a look at our injury list.

Liddell

Juniors

Yeah, because we are fielding our best 17 :roll:

You mention you are missing your 2 best props, what are Stuart and Burgess and Asotasi? Your best centre, would that be Inglis for us? Manu on one leg....Please.

You will start the game with 17 fit players, just like we will.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
New Zealand Warriors v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Sunday 22 May 2011, kickoff 2:00PM NZ, 12:00 Aus; Mt Smart Stadium
Broadcast: FOX Sports 2/2HD LIVE, ABC & 2GB Radio LIVE
Referees: Steve Lyons & Phil Haines; Touch Judges: David Abood and Gavin Reynolds; Video Referee: Chris Ward;

Warriors:
1. Kevin Locke 2. Krisnan Inu 3. Lewis Brown 4. Simon Mannering (c) 5. Manu Vatuvei 6. James Maloney 7. Brett Seymour 8. Russell Packer 9. Aaron Heremaia 10. Ben Matulino 11. Feleti Mateo 12. Elijah Taylor 13. Michael Luck
Interchange: 14. Shaun Berrigan 15. Lance Hohaia 16. Jeremy Latimore 17. Sione Lousi 18. Alehana Mara 19. Joel Moon 20. Ukuma Ta'ai
Rabbitohs: 1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Dylan Farrell 4. Shaune Corrigan 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow 8. Ben Ross 9. Issac Luke 10. Shannan McPherson 11. Dave Tyrrell 12. David Taylor 13. Michael Crocker (c)
Interchange: 14. Eddy Pettybourne 15. Jason Clark 16. Chris McQueen 17. Nathan Peats

NRL Teams R11: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21142

Other teams (lower grades): http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21156

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths have won 4 of the last 5 against NZ, including 2 of the last 3 in NZ. That means we have no problems travelling across the pond. I'm a bit more confident about this game now.

Galeforce

Bench
Warriors have the team to do well this year , so if they play it correct they should win. Good test of Souths real ticker in this game , if they can continue the form of last two weeks and bag a win , then this will really build momentum for a real roll which could get them into the finals , at the some time as they get key men back from injury.They need a fit Burgess/Asotasi and Inglis by finals time to be serious contenders. However they need to get there first with current team.
Warriors an extreme test. My heart will always say Souths , however not betting in this game.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Warriors have the team to do well this year , so if they play it correct they should win. Good test of Souths real ticker in this game , if they can continue the form of last two weeks and bag a win , then this will really build momentum for a real roll which could get them into the finals , at the some time as they get key men back from injury.They need a fit Burgess/Asotasi and Inglis by finals time to be serious contenders. However they need to get there first with current team.
Warriors an extreme test. My heart will always say Souths , however not betting in this game.

That is not english

redandgreenduck

Juniors
I was very confident going in against the tigpies and I have that same level of confidence that this team will play stronger than last week...have not seen enough of the Warriors to be honest but did see them against the Tits when they were very impressive...Rabbits by 7