What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Women in League R16 | Sun | Warriors 8-16 Storm | Mt Smart

R16: WAR v MEL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Storm played well today...gutsed it out in the forwards and took their chances well.

As for the Warriors...Vatuvei really got no attacking opportunities and I think it is time for the Warriors to give Johnson a permanent starting spot as their is no spark in the halves IMO.

Is Locke injured ??...if not; I fail to see how he cannot get a game ahead of Hohaia who is a liability at best of times.

Slater, Duffie and Manu were the best for Storm...

Spot On

Coach
Storm played well today...gutsed it out in the forwards and took their chances well.

As for the Warriors...Vatuvei really got no attacking opportunities and I think it is time for the Warriors to give Johnson a permanent starting spot as their is no spark in the halves IMO.

Is Locke injured ??...if not; I fail to see how he cannot get a game ahead of Hohaia who is a liability at best of times.

He must be mate because I totally agree with you here. He's rocks or diamonds that bloke.

Iafeta

Referee

Can't disagree. I thought the Warriors actually played well as well, surprisingly given the result. I thought they were busting through Melbourne at times with regularity, particularly Mateo, he was destructive. The thing was that no one really got into a good position to back up his busts. I think not only did they miss Locke on the bombs but also just his ability to get in the right position off a bust and link or convert an opportunity into points. Fisiiahi would also have been good at this. Hohaia is a busted bum who hardly ever backs up when he's playing fullback.

Seymour apparently has busted his thumb, so Johnson should be back. I think the Warriors lacked his pace around the ruck, Locke and Johnson off the back of a fairly good forwards effort would have struck gold I'm certain out there.

The story on Locke is he failed to turn up to a post match medical test after the Cowboys game (same as Fisiiahi). So the Warriors ruled both out with bogus injuries. I'm glad in a way it came back and bit Cleary straight in the sandwich hole - that was outrageously poor coaching IMO.

I know the season is not over yet. Although, we need to start planning for next season. We need to undergo a massive overhaul, since we have a lot of players leaving. Let's see, we've got Hohaia, Seymour, Moon (Rumors are that he has signed for Canberra or Melbourne), Heremaia, Berrigan and a few leftover players like Robinson and Penehe (I can't see any of them playing first-grade). All of those players will be leaving and we'll have to work hard to replace them. Not like it's going to be that difficult, they haven't been playing that great.