What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | 2nd PF | Sat | Bulldogs 32-8 Rabbitohs | ANZ

Preliminary Final result: Bulldogs v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Facts are ridiculous now?
No, but when a club has done absolutely nothing for 40+ years ....

It's like all Dragons fans living off the glory of 11 premierships in a row. Do they do that?

Last edited:

Bumble

First Grade
No, but when a club has done absolutely nothing for 40+ years ....

It's like all Dragons fans living off the glory of 11 premierships in a row. Do they do that?

Yes, and personally I never bring up the 20 premierships stuff because it just looks silly.

But surely, in turn, you can appreciate why the media are all over Souffs this weekend given just how f**king dreadful they've been for an extended period of time?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And yet only a select few are covering the massive story that is the Bulldogs - the Des turnaround, Greenberg's off-field work and so on...

Galeforce

Bench
And yet only a select few are covering the massive story that is the Bulldogs - the Des turnaround, Greenberg's off-field work and so on...

The bulldogs turnaround will mean little in NRL history , if Souths win tomorrow.
Only a Bulldogs win tomorrow will ensure this gets covered next week and beyond.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And Souths turnaround will mean SFA if we win tomorrow, what's your point?

Red Bear

Referee
There's probably a difference between the Bulldogs turn around which, whilst it's been pretty impressive, they were still in a prelim 3 years ago, played 4 prelims and won a grand final in the 00's and, along with Brisbane have been one of the most consistently successful clubs of the pas 30 odd years (I know Brisbane have only been in the comp since 88). It's been impressive, credit especially to Des, but it's a bit different to a club that has been as poor as Souths were from 1990-06, including copping the boot at one point and fighting their way back in, and largely pretty rubbish (if improved) 07-11. When you add the other elements, 20 premierships but none since 71, no prelim finals appearance since 71, no sustained quality since 86-89 period, rookie halfback etc etc, it's a big story and understandably has gotten alot of attention from the media this week.

Souths arent exactly asking for it, they'd probably prefer to be in less spotlight ala the Dogs, but it's a pretty big moment in the game.

Ziggy the God

First Grade

They should cover it off, but considering how shiate we have been for so long, of course they are going to write more about us this time.

It would be the first time most of them would have had the chance in their journo careers.

Moffo

Referee
It's game day and I'm psyched! Usually enjoy prelim finals more than the GF itself

Go dawgies :)

was not very confident about this game at the start of the week. feeling fairly confident today:) we havent ran our mouths like water this week in the media, and i think we will see a composed bulldogs outfit tonight.

RABK

Referee
Very excited for the game.

Bulldogs have been awesome to watch this year. Barba - enough said but Jmoz has been a thrill to watch in full flight this year too. Their forwards provide the full arsenal - big, aggressive, mobile, hard working, skillfull. They deserve this premiership based on been by far the best side for most of the season.

Souths have turned it on in i think every game i've watched them. Strong running from Luke, Burgess, Taylor and Inglis etc gets the defence retreating then they throw the ball around and score some wonderful tries. lol@souffs aside, which stopped been funny about 6 months ago, it really would be a feel good story if they could advance to the grand final.

Either way i'll be cheering for the winner against the Melbourne.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Nervous. I've got everything crossed hoping for a Souths win but even if we lose it's a successful season.

10 hours to go.

Greenberg was wanted by lots of people as NRL CEO. He certainly has recognition for what he's done to improve your club.

As for Des, a number of neutrals are rooting against him because of the way he left Manly.

And besides, you won just 8 years ago. Most of our fans have never seen a premiership. For that reason alone more is being made of our storyline.

But media doesn't matter, if we lose I'll go DoggiesMan mode for the next week. Prefer the Dogs winning every day of the week before Melbourne.

Last edited:

Galeforce

Bench
Based on 2012 Finals performances , Souths should be favourites.

Bulldogs just beat Manly in a scrappy game.
Souths were outplayed by Storm who were almost perfect in the first half, second half was 6 all.
Souths overcame their loss and came out and played a good brand of positive football against the Raiders.
Manly after a unconvincing tussle with Cowboys we blown away by Storm in first half, much like Souths were ( Storm scored 3 tries against both teams in first half) . Difference Souths came back in second half and held , and looked more dangerous in the last 10 minutes. Manly folded.
Souths can take Bulldogs, i am now more convinced after watching last nights game.
I will take the RICH odds on Souths !!!

Galeforce

Bench

Well thank you for asking .

My point is the way Bulldogs want to fly under the radar and in their selfish way minimise promotion of the game , your 2012 turnaround deserves to be forgotten after tonight! :p

ps.s also please ask yourself and explain
"what is your point" on most of your negative notes :lol:

Enjoy the game, i am sure it will be Bulldogs last for 2012! quote me

the dude

Juniors
I'm working right next to the stadium, finish at 5:00pm. Seriously just watching the clock. 9 hours!!!

Moffo

Referee
Pumped, was there for the swans last night and even more pumped for the dogs tonight. Awesome sporting weekend, the atmosphere is going to be amazing!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Pumped, was there for the swans last night and even more pumped for the dogs tonight. Awesome sporting weekend, the atmosphere is going to be amazing!
Moffo knows.

If I was living in Sydney I'd have put up a tent outside ANZ for the weekend.

Dogs Of War

Coach

To be fair, nearly all the Bulldogs players are on media bans this week. Souths have obviously made there players more accessible, and the media is just reporting what they have access to.

Latest posts