What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Sun | Tigers* 17-16 Sharks | Leichhardt

Round 1 result: Tigers v Sharks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

adamkungl

Immortal
If ever there was an example of why golden point should be scrapped, there it is. Because the f**king referees can't handle the pressure.

skeepe

Immortal
What a load of f**king shit.

Is Jared Maxwell joining them on the lap of honour? What a disgusting way to finish the game. The Sharks were robbed blind by the most disgraceful of calls you will ever see.

BunniesMan

Immortal
There you go. Two of the most talented players in the game. And what splits them? The x factor. One is a genuine proven match winner. One isn't. Benji Marshall YOU SUPERSTAR.

And Von, of course I tipped Souths coz we will win. I think Souths are better than Easts and will win, but I don't think the difference in class is quite as big as the difference between Wests and Cronulla.

Cronulla will be that mid table 9th-11th team. Wests will be top 4.

undertaker

Coach
If ever there was an example of why golden point should be scrapped, there it is. Because the f**king referees can't handle the pressure.
I think it's complete double standards from the NRL to use two different extra-time systems: one during the regular season and one in the finals. Completely unfair that something that could win you the game in the 81st minute of golden point may not win you the game in the 81st minute of the GF.
If golden point is scrapped for the finals, then it should also be scrapped for regular season matches. If they are going to go back to the old extra-time system in the finals, then it is only fair that regular season games should either use the same system as the finals OR have no extra time altogether (like it was pre-2003).

skeepe

Immortal
And let's not forget the penalty given by Maxwell to the Tigers when Galloway, under absolutely no pressure, played the ball forward. Or when Galloway dropped the ball cold. Both of which led to Tigers tries.

Jared Maxwell 17 d. Sharks 16

If I had bet on the Sharks, I'd demand an inquiry into his performance today.

Von

Juniors
Look forward to the forums tomorrow night BM.

As an independent, Cronulla were robbed. Not only with the final penalty, but with the penalty in the first half to Wests, when Galloway incorrectly played the ball.

Latest posts