What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R16 | Sun | Bulldogs v Storm | Mackay

Round 16 result: Bulldogs v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-cby-alt.jpg

1. Ben Barba 2. Luke Macdougall 3. Josh Morris 4. Krisnan Inu 5. Jonathan Wright 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Kris Keating
8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis (c) 10. Sam Kasiano 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Dene Halatau 13. Greg Eastwood

Interchange: 14. James Graham 15. Dale Finucane 16. Corey Payne 17. David Stagg
Reserves: 19. Josh Jackson 20. Martin Taupau

2012teams-mel-alt.jpg

1. Gareth Widdop 2. Matt Duffie 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Justin O'Neill 5. Anthony Quinn 6. Cameron Smith 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Ryan Hinchcliffe 10. Jason Ryles 11. Sika Manu 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. Bryan Norrie 16. Siosaia Vave 17. Kevin Proctor

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins and Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Dan Eastwood and Chris Butler
Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Toyota Cup (R16) v Storm @ Lidcombe Oval, Sat 12:45pm
VB NSW Cup (R17) v Newtown Jets (SYD) @ Lidcombe Oval, Sat 3:00pm

nrl-r16cbymel.jpg

Last edited:
BIG f**kING MATCH UP !

Can we do it ? who knows ! Am I excited ? f**k YES!

This will be a big test to see where we are at, hoping MacDougal is right for this game; cannot stand lane.

so the bulldogs are taking one of the most important games of the year to QLD???

seems logical.

We always take the Melbourne game away, not even Nostradamus would have seen us at second this year.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Old news Andyman.

I think Melbourne will get this one. It's quite simply a case of us letting our guard down with Billy Slater out and not taking them seriously. It happens all the time with us.

Elias1983

Coach
You guys will get em I think, by 6-8 points.

I think you guys match them in terms of physicality and defence which is a big part of how melb play.

The halves will be the difference, Keating and Reynolds need to step up big time!

I think Keating had close to his best game for you guys against us (Dragons).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Updated all the match info - teams/refs etc, plus confirmed the Toyota Cup game - it's Saturday 12:45pm at Lidcombe Oval v Storm, then we play Newtown in NSW Cup at 3pm.

Team news - still no Hodko in any grade or on the injury list... something's going on there I'm not sure about.

Josh Jackson's been named on an extended 6-man bench, good to see him rewarded for bumper form.

Last edited:

Doga

Juniors
I really cant see us being complacent against The Storm regardless of Slater being out. Just wont happen

dogslife

Coach
Hodko's knee is apparently fubar. Nothing confirmed though, but he's not named to play NSW Cup this week

Doga

Juniors
The bloke was slow before the knee injury. this could be disastrous for his career!!

MSIH

Bench
J Jackson a chance at all? Hope so, always good to see a guy from a really small country town do well.

If he is, wouldn't be surprised for Des to let him sit on the pine for 80 mins.

dogslife

Coach
Had to google fubar but that would be devastating. Where'd you hear that?

As I said nothing confirmed, but a mate of mine who lives in Sydney reckons he spoke to Kris Keating a couple of weeks ago and he said something about Hodko's knee not being right at all, like bone on bone sorta thing. Take that piece of info however you like

i thought it was a great display.

defensively very strong. scored trys when you needed too. held the storm out. very good game.

Ben barbas highlight reel grows and grows.

surely he will be picked for origin?

Doga

Juniors
Thought Josh Jackson was very impressive today. Flawless entry into such a big match!!