What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | 2nd SF | Sat | Storm 16-18 Knights | AAMI

Semi Final 2: Storm v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2013teams-mel-main.jpg

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa 3. Will Chambers 4. Maurice Blair 5. Justin O'Neill
6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor 12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange: 14. Jason Ryles 15. Tohu Harris 16. Jordan McLean 17. Kenneath Bromwich

2013teams-new-alt.jpg

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus 3. Joey Leilua 4. Dane Gagai 5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. David Fa'alogo 9. Danny Buderus 10. Willie Mason
11. Robbie Rochow 12. Beau Scott
13. Jeremy Smith

Interchange: 14. Matt Hilder 15. Chris Houston 16. Neville Costigan 17. Alex McKinnon

2013teams-ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins and Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Grant Atkins
Video Referee: Steve Clark and Luke Patten

Curtain Raiser
To be confirmed

QRL ISC Finals Series
Easts Tigers (MEL) have progressed to the Intrust Super Cup Grand Final on September 29 at North Ipswich Reserve.
They will play the winner of the Mackay Cutters (NQL) v Northern Pride (NQL) Preliminary Final.

VB NSW Cup Semi Final
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (CRO/MEL) v Newtown Jets (SYD) @ Leichhardt, Sun 1:00pm (Live on FOX Sports 1)
Newcastle Knights (NEW) v Wests Tigers (WST) @ Leichhardt, Sun 3:00pm

nrl2013-fw2melVnew.jpg

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
Regardless of the result, from where we were after the second Dragons loss in Round 13, the criticism we've copped for signing old blokes, to make it to September footy and reach week 2 is something I'm proud of. I really hope we continue and expand on the form we've had since that disgraceful loss and really push for a Top 4 spot in 2014.

This game though, Storm are just way too unpredictable. Their recent form gives me optimism, but the fact they are who they are just makes me believe they'll find their feet. I'll back my team regardless, but I think Storm will bounce back from the loss against Souths.

Really just hope both sides are at their best.

Aragorn

First Grade
Would love to see an upset but just cant see it happening.

I will mortgage my second house on the Storm.

jamaman

Juniors
Storm by...................................................................................1

Silent Knight

First Grade
Of course we won't win Goldenrod. Why don't you tell us our odds?

Melbourne are deserved favourites. They've beaten us twice this year and we've never won at AAMI Park. Too much class in the spine for Wayne's pack of imposters to contain.

Storm by 50.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Love this game. Going for Melbourne, obviously, but if we have to lose, losing to knights is bearable.

Should be good, given recent form. I'd much prefer a flogging, buy can see the knights keeping it close.

Storm by 4.

the dude

Juniors
Still have a feeling Melb will be playing in the grand final. Knights are the only not hateable side on this side of the draw.

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
While any game is a two-horse race, you're a chance.

And the Knights are more than a slight chance in this game, but they probably don't want to be defending six successive sets on their own line again...

The big three were ordinary last week. Can't see them trotting out that kind of form again, especially at home.

Reckon they'll put 24 - 30 points past the Knights this week.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
First 20 minutes will be the most important 20 minutes of the Knights season.

Storm, at home, in a final, can race out of the blocks and lead 20-0 very quickly.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Hope the Knights can pull off the upset of the season and eliminate the last non NSW team left. Would love two NSW v NSW prelims. Would really piss off the NSW haters

vvvrulz

Coach
This game will be further proof of the distance between the big four and the rest.
Storm by 12+

Rod

Bench
We're a big chance if we defend like we did against the Dogs.

Obviously Melbourne is a different kettle of fish than the Dogs but the same attitude will go a long way.

There are not the same team they were last year either IMO. Obviously we'll go in as underdogs but that's nothing new. Only once (vs. Eels) in our last 6 games have we gone in as favourites. We've won four of those six.