What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R1 | Sat | Bulldogs 12-24 Cowboys | Bluetongue

Round 1: Bulldogs v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canard

Immortal
Cowboys have struggled in the last few years in Round 1, always seem to start of the season Rusty.

And seeing as our starting 1,7 and 9 haven't played even one pre-season game together I can't see that changing.

My heart says Cowboys, but my head says Dogs by a bit.

Canard

Immortal
Nah we were shitful in 2010 giving up 20 points in the first 15 mins, than last year we needed some heroics from Matty to win against a poor Broncos side

BDR

First Grade
Nah we were shitful in 2010 giving up 20 points in the first 15 mins, than last year we needed some heroics from Matty to win against a poor Broncos side

Last year we played the Titans in round 1, Broncos were the week after.

I think we've always traditionally done alright in Round 1, even when we've lost they've typically been entertaining games. With last year as an exception.

Big Pete

Referee
Last 5 years...

L vs. Titans 18-0
W vs. Broncos 16-14
L vs. Broncos 30-24
L vs. Broncos 19-18
L vs. Titans 36-18

BP Bonus
W vs. Broncos 23-16
W vs. Broncos 36-4
L vs. Broncos 29-16
L vs. Manly 24-20
L vs. Raiders 46-14

Canard

Immortal
Last year we played the Titans in round 1, Broncos were the week after.

I think we've always traditionally done alright in Round 1, even when we've lost they've typically been entertaining games. With last year as an exception.

Sorry meant two years ago, but yes you can see those results BP we've lost 4 out of the last 5 and bar the close one 09 we were poor. The final score may have been close but we were down big in those matches before the Bronx put the cue in the rack.

The real reason I think we may lose however is rustiness, Moore,Bowen and JT haven't played one game togheter yet.

ek999

First Grade
Going to be a close match. Bulldogs are down 3 key forwards. Tony Williams will need a big game if we are to win. Dogs by 1-12

Packy

Bench
I reckon we could be ok. Barba has been gone around 2 weeks and they have all been training without him. We won't have his heroics to rely on but I still think if our forwards stand up we'll win.

Dogs 22-14 Cows

Apey

Staff member
POFFO SAID THERE'S NO WAY THE DOGS OF WAR TAME THOSE COWGIRLS :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Bulldog%20cowboy%20(2).jpg

;()

Peter_phelps

Juniors
Heard pritchard is a 50/50 chance of playing tonight, medically he is cleared, but a decision will be made by the coaching staff, an hour or so before kick off.

Grapple

Bench
I hope they keep Frank out. It's only the first game and we have enough good cover for him. Plus, it'd be nice to see how the younger guys go against a decent forward pack like North Qld.

Not overly convinced we'll win, because it's our first game without a few notable players. But it's not in Townsville, and this team has had a full pre-season with Des so hopefully he's got us primed and ready. I do expect Tony Williams to have a big game.

BDR

First Grade
Should be a great game, I still think we'll win but it should be competitive and entertaining.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Excited for this game as well. Very interested to see how the Dogs go without Barba and if it influences how quickly they get him back.

Latest posts