What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R22 | Fri | Storm 26-8 Rabbitohs | AAMI

Round 22: Storm vs Rabbitohs

• Draw after golden point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team

2013teams-mel-main.jpg

1. Billy Slater
2. Sisa Waqa 3. Will Chambers 4. Maurice Blair 5. Mahe Fonua
6. Brett Finch 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Bryan Norrie
11. Kevin Proctor 12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange: 14. Jason Ryles 15. Tohu Harris 16. Jordan McLean 17. Kenneath Bromwich
Reserve: 18. Slade Griffin

2013teams-sou-alt.jpg

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Dylan Farrell 3. Bryson Goodwin 4. Dylan Walker 5. Matt King
6. Luke Keary 7. Adam Reynolds
8. Sam Burgess 9. Issac Luke 10. George Burgess
11. Chris McQueen 12. Ben Te'o
13. Ben Lowe

Interchange: 14. Nathan Peats 15. Jeff Lima 16. Roy Asotasi 17. Thomas Burgess

2013teams-ref-pink.jpg

Referees:
Ben Cummins and Matt Cecchin

Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Brett Suttor
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy and Justin Morgan

Holden Cup Under 20’s Round 22
Storm v Rabbitohs @ AAMI, Fri 5:15pm

QRL ISC Round 21
Easts Tigers (MEL) v Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles @ Langlands Park, Sun 2:00pm

VB NSW Cup Round 22
Wests Tigers (WST) v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks (CRO/MEL) @ Leichhardt, Sat 12:40pm (LIVE on FOX Sports 1)
North Sydney Bears (SOU) v Newcastle Knights (NEW) @ North Sydney Oval, Sun 3:00pm

nrl-r22melsou.jpg

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
Storm beat us last time with a pin point perfect kicking game, they nullified GI and Sutton. Now we have neither, I don't really see us winning.

Maybe so mate but I hardly think you are gunna get "raped".

Rabbits will be competitive.

BranVan3000

Coach
GI is due back in 2-3 weeks
Sutton due back in 2-4 weeks
Champion due back in 4 weeks
Walker is also possibly out but due back in 2 weeks

We are in a tough spot, but as long as we contain our injuries for now we should be at full strength by the game against the Roosters. I can't see us beating Storm or Manly right now who are both full strength and bubbling into good form

Evenflow

Bench
Storm by 8.

4.5k tickets sold so far which obviously doesn't include members so is a pretty good number of pre sales given it's only Monday. Hopefully a 20k+ crowd is on the cards for what should be a cracking game.

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
Problem for Souths is, and I first noticed it against when they played Manly, that if there forwards arent REALLY dominating and rolling over the ad line then Sutton and Reynolds struggle to create.

Sutton has his running game to help but Reynolds doesnt really have an elite skill apart from his attacking short kicking game game which teams have pretty much shut down now

Melbourne should win and win pretty easily, looking forward to seeing Keary progres further though.

BranVan3000

Coach
Problem for Souths is, and I first noticed it against when they played Manly, that if there forwards arent REALLY dominating and rolling over the ad line then Sutton and Reynolds struggle to create.

Sutton has his running game to help but Reynolds doesnt really have an elite skill apart from his attacking short kicking game game which teams have pretty much shut down now

Melbourne should win and win pretty easily, looking forward to seeing Keary progres further though.

I sort of agree, but I think Reynolds has been allowed to experiment during the comfortable middle of the season so his kicking has taken a back seat. He has started to really establish a good combo with Teo, so I expect a bit of that while he returns to a focus on kicking in the coming weeks.

Last year we also opened up our offloads and set plays towards the year's end so I expect the same once again. Keary and Luke will be the components that can break a part a team with their short passing.

Only thing is that Keary's induction will be more of a throw into the deep end than the smooth introduction Madge would have been hoping for.

Don't think so Hutty...

Seems to be a lot of doubt at Souths now with the media jumping on their recent performances.

Smith will target Keary big time and run off the ruck at him big time...

Evenflow

Bench
Blair has been named to play but whether he does or not remains to be seen. Our physio said if the soreness isn't there come game time then he's every chance to play. Excellent result given how sickening it looked at the time. Very lucky boy.

Agreed Smith (and others) will definitely target Keary and given there's no GI and Sutton to worry about there's no doubt that Reynolds will be targeted as well. If we nullify their output and turn up switched on i'm confident we can get the win.

big hit!

Bench
Don't think so Hutty...

Seems to be a lot of doubt at Souths now with the media jumping on their recent performances.

Smith will target Keary big time and run off the ruck at him big time...

The doubt is about Souths, not at Souths.

They'll get beat this week and the media's love affair with Souths will break-up even more. This week's game will be yet another learning experience for the team.

They've been playing in a fatigued condition for the last few weeks, but the coaches will have planned the schedule to have them peaking at September.

Whether or not they're a premiership football team is something else entirely though.

The doubt is about Souths, not at Souths.

They'll get beat this week and the media's love affair with Souths will break-up even more. This week's game will be yet another learning experience for the team.

They've been playing in a fatigued condition for the last few weeks, but the coaches will have planned the schedule to have them peaking at September.

Whether or not they're a premiership football team is something else entirely though.

Peaking in September...you need to start your run now because if they continue losing they will only get one chance in September.