What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R3 | Thu | Storm 22-18 Bulldogs | AAMI

Round 3: Storm v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter_phelps

Juniors
Barba will play.

Dogs are coming down by bus, to avoid the public eye at the airport. 10 hour bus ride though, a day before a match? Not a wise decision.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Barba didn't board the bus and isn't booked to fly anywhere.

He is not playing. He wouldn't be fit enough.

Evenflow

Bench
Barba will play.

Dogs are coming down by bus, to avoid the public eye at the airport. 10 hour bus ride though, a day before a match? Not a wise decision.

A bus? That's odd in this day and age but i'm sure there's method in Dessie's madness. Maybe it's a bit of a team bonding thing, i don't know. I'd have much rather he played, no doubt Bellyache would've ran a shitload of traffic at him all night and given it'd be his first game back and lacking a bit of fitness you'd think he'd have struggled.

As for the game, on paper it looks like the Storm should get a win given it's at home and the Dogs still have a few key players out. While i'll say Storm by 12 i wouldn't be at all surprised if the Dogs are right up for this game and might end up much closer.

I'm a little worried about them hitting a bit of a flat spot after the early travel and the short turn around might eventually catch up with us. If it doesn't affect them then i'm pretty confident of a win. Either way i can't wait to get there tomorrow night.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
No Barba. Wise IMO because Bulldogs are hosting the annual Easter game against Souths next week so it will draw an extra big crowd being the first game Barba is back. Extra $$ for the club.

Storm 1-12 in this one.

Paullyboy

Coach
A bus? That's odd in this day and age but i'm sure there's method in Dessie's madness. Maybe it's a bit of a team bonding thing, i don't know. I'd have much rather he played, no doubt Bellyache would've ran a shitload of traffic at him all night and given it'd be his first game back and lacking a bit of fitness you'd think he'd have struggled.

As for the game, on paper it looks like the Storm should get a win given it's at home and the Dogs still have a few key players out. While i'll say Storm by 12 i wouldn't be at all surprised if the Dogs are right up for this game and might end up much closer.

I'm a little worried about them hitting a bit of a flat spot after the early travel and the short turn around might eventually catch up with us. If it doesn't affect them then i'm pretty confident of a win. Either way i can't wait to get there tomorrow night.

Bit hard to run traffic at a fullback, I reckon every club would be happy if they could do that more :D

Bit weird about the bus though, can't see how it'll help.

Evenflow

Bench
Bit hard to run traffic at a fullback, I reckon every club would be happy if they could do that more :D

Bit weird about the bus though, can't see how it'll help.

More so in defence i meant. If there's a weakness in Barba's game he prone to lapses defensively IMO and with very little footy under his belt of late and lack of match fitness i think the Storm would expose that. It also looks like the bus thing wasn't true, it says in the paper they flew down and i also saw vision last night of them at the airport.

Last edited:

afinalsin666

First Grade
Can barba drive? Get himself to Melbourne, in his own car, keep it on the down low. Players don't have to travel with the team as far as i know.

Fire

First Grade
Strange move going down on a bus.

I too thought it must be for team bonding as someone mentioned. Then I remember all the players will be doing is listening to their iPods or watching TV/movies on their iPads.

Unless Des has put a ban on electronic shit, strange move.

Canard

Immortal
As I stated in another thread, this game will be interesting, Melbourne definitely got the jump on the competition (along with Souths) by not believing the hype about the policing of the ruck. You would expect a canny coach like Hasler to be all over this tonight, I expect a very wrestle-a-thon from both sides.

Im looking forward to my first live game of the year, I did the usual and coughed up for a good seat, when I really should have just bought a cheap one and then moved to the better seats after 10mins.

dogslife

Coach
Storm by 90

First I've heard of the bus. They were on a plane yesterday as far as I know, and Barba wasn't with them. Sounds like Weidler found LU with that kind of reporting

DOGSvsEELS

Juniors
lowe has been average at fb, would like to see lafai get a go. maybe move morris/inu to fb & get rid of brown.

is hodgkinson still around?

Evenflow

Bench
is hodgkinson still around?

Yes. Even with his unlucky run i think they finally realized that he's just an average footballer. I mean they still have Keating in the halves who is also an average footballer and he can't even take his spot which say a lot.

Worse thing he could've done was leave Manly for money after saying he was "100% happy there and wanted to stay for and was loving his footy" (about a month later he left :lol:) Given his combo with Foran looked to be a very promising one early doors it looked like he was gonna be decent but in the end not. I'm sure it's a decision he regrets every day even with his decent pay check coming in.

natheel

Coach
I think you will find Trent getting game time in nsw cup after his injury etc. surely Keating won't last...