What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R3 | Thu | Storm 22-18 Bulldogs | AAMI

Round 3: Storm v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danny-Boy

Juniors
Refs man refs, we were having a good run and all enjoying the football. How did this disgraceful performance slip through the cracks Daniel?

skeepe

Immortal
Funnily enough, despite the terrible standard of refereeing in that, I think Ben Cummins had a very good game. All the rubbish calls came from Chris James or Bernie Sutton.

gsweeper

Juniors
Melbourne got absolutely shafted by the refs, absolutely shafted.

In saying that, too many people here are discrediting the dogs performance tonight. Melbourne deserved winners, but Dogs were good.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
The obstruction call was harsh but the refs are being consistent. They said any contact initiated by the attacking team will be penalised and that's what happened tonight. if that's the way they want to do it they'd better keep it that way across the season otherwise fans will start blowing up.

Peter_phelps

Juniors
I was disappointed with our performance, given Canterbury had 4 of their best out, we should have won this by 20+. Credit to them, I think they will beat Souths next week given they are likely to have Pritchard and Barba return. Lucky Josh Reynolds had that brain explosion at the end, because Sam Perrett was unmarked on the wing.

Credit to David Klemmer, for coming out and defending Slater by saying it was accidental.

Evenflow

Bench
I was disappointed with our performance, given Canterbury had 4 of their best out, we should have won this by 20+. Credit to them, I think they will beat Souths next week given they are likely to have Pritchard and Barba return. Lucky Josh Reynolds had that brain explosion at the end, because Sam Perrett was unmarked on the wing.

Credit to David Klemmer, for coming out and defending Slater by saying it was accidental.

Bit harsh i think given the amount of travel we've had to do and on top of that having only a 5 day back up. Fatigue was always going to set in which it obviously did in the last 10 minutes when the game was won.

Add to that if Cronk wasn't disallowed his try with the most farcical decision for a long time the game would've been done and dusted well before. Were we on top of our game? No we weren't though we haven't been for the opening 3 weeks but have still won them all, 2 of them against teams you'd think will be right in the thick of things come season end. It's much better to win ugly than lose pretty

Can't wait till the team actually hits their straps and shows what they're really capable of.......

Red Bear

Referee
I think 5 day turnaround + townsville trip caught up with Melbourne the last ten minutes or so, otherwise pretty comfortable victory.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It took them the best part of 60 minutes to kick clear, then they flailed after they got in front.

I think they're tired, yes, but I think their outside backs aren't as defensively sound as they once were. Sa'u in particular - Dane Nielsen huge loss IMO