What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R9 | Sun | Raiders 44-14 Knights | Canberra

Round 9: Raiders v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raider_69

Post Whore
The Raiders by as many as they want. They have too much class across the park for the dreadfully drab Knights.

So it's all about attitude for the Raiders. Turn up with the required levels of hunger and determination and it could be a bloodbath.

Agreed.
I was saying this about a week back on another forum. I dont think the Knights play very good football. I think they play consistantly week in and week at at a certain bog standard level. And teams either show up and play well and beat them, or show up, play poorly and lose

I dont think the knights "out play" anyone, and i think most sides (A few like Penrith and Parra are the exceptions) who turn up and play well against them will beat them.

If the Raiders turn up and play good football, we should win. If we turn up and play poorly the knights are solid enough and we will get beaten.
It's really that simple imo.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Well hopefully they turn up with the right attitude. Motivation against irrelevant teams has been tough going though.

They can't even match it with a top 4 team and we've taken down 2 out of the 2 we've come up against.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Mullen cleared of structural damage. Bone bruising the diagnosis. Am guessing they'll assess him later in the week.

Cartman

Juniors
The result of this game will be known within the first 10-15 minutes. If we turn up and play well we should be able to handle the Knights at home, if we follow our usual pattern of inconsistency then we will be down by 18 after 20 minutes.

Noname36

First Grade
I hope for the Raiders fans' sake they win otherwise there are going to be a fair few embarrassing comments in this thread.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I hope for the Raiders fans' sake they win otherwise there are going to be a fair few embarrassing comments in this thread.

We'll either play well and win, or play poorly and lose.
The only ones that should be embarrassed if we dont win are the 17 blokes wearing lime green who lose to Newcastle @ home, a week after topping the best team in the comp away.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Raiders beat a tired Storm team who nearly got beat the week before by NZ. Obviously it's a great win up there, but Melbourne have been showing for weeks now that they were due for a loss. The Raiders aren't unstoppable even if they turn up but obviously we'll need to as well.

Last edited:

rnb11

Juniors
These are exactly the kind of games the Knights turn up for and win. They're going to fuming after losing in golden point and Raiders are a good chance of getting cocky like usual. The Knights have been playing very tough and structured football, Raiders are going to have to do something incredible to win because if they try to grind it with Newcastle they won't last very long before the score kicks off.

Newcastle beat them up a few weeks ago at home and flogged them the last time they played in Canberra, Knights 20+

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Raiders beat a tired Storm team who nearly got beat the week before by NZ. Obviously it's a great win up there, but Melbourne have been showing for weeks now that they were due for a loss. The Raiders aren't unstoppable even if they turn up but obviously we'll need to as well.

I'll take a win against a tired Storm team over a loss to a Gallenless Cronulla who spent the week being drilled by ASADA.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
How were the storm any more tired than the raiders.
The Storm had a World Club Challenge at the beginning of the year which apparently takes a huge toll on the players. Add on that they had been undefeated all season and won some very tough matches against top teams.

It was still a great win and the Storm would of beat most teams that night. I'm just pointing out that it wasn't like the Storm were at their peak.

Noname36

First Grade
I actually think the Knights are a shot here. Canberra have a habit of getting cocky when they have absolutely no right to be and I can see them doing that after beating a Storm team that have been well below their best.

The Knights were unlucky last week and they won't be happy with their golden point loss that they could have won. Also the Raiders will probably go in as favourites and the Knights often win in those circumstances. We're a bigger chance than people are saying IMO (if Mullen plays that is - if he doesn't we have nothing).

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
I was in Newcastle on Sunday. Still a f**king shithole, except now they've got wanker pubs like the Moneysuckle Hotel with a lovely view of all the dirty industrial shit to go with the disgusting dross they had before.

Drove past the swamp known as Hunter Stadium while the match was on, about the 75th minute I believe and very surprised to see plenty of people walking away from the Stadium in Knights gear. f**king pea-hearted merkins.

I hope we pound them into the ground just for the shit bogans I had to deal with on Sunday. f**king scum the lot of them.

Last edited:

First Grade
I'll take a win against a tired Storm team over a loss to a Gallenless Cronulla who spent the week being drilled by ASADA.

Cronulla down Gallen, Knights down Buderus Smith and Scott and lost Mullen for the last 15 minutes plus the golden point time. I'd say the loss of Gallen doesn't equate to those 4 players really. And please one halfwit turned up at asada with his hat on backwards for 2 hours and the team was grilled for a week turn it up.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Cronulla down Gallen, Knights down Buderus Smith and Scott and lost Mullen for the last 15 minutes plus the golden point time. I'd say the loss of Gallen doesn't equate to those 4 players really. And please one halfwit turned up at asada with his hat on backwards for 2 hours and the team was grilled for a week turn it up.

If anything, losing old man Buderus and Jeremy "the thuggish penalty magnet" Smith were a bonus. I'll give you Scott but Cronulla lost a lot more without Gallen. Mullen played most of the match and if he was half as good as you lot think he is then you would have been well ahead before the last 15 minutes. Squandered the home ground advantage too.

You lot want to write off our win over the Storm because they're supposedly "tired". But at least they were at full strength. We were missing Papalii, Thompson, Shillington, Croker and lost TLL and Picker early in the match and still buried them in front of their home crowd.

Last edited:

Latest posts