What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | QF1 | New Zealand 40-4 Scotland | Leeds

Quarter Final 1: New Zealand v Scotland

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
RLWC2013-QF-NZLvSCO.jpg

New-Zealand_zps37a78c6d.jpg

19-man squad: Jesse Bromwich, Kieran Foran, Bryson Goodwin, Shaun Johnson, Sam Kasiano, Kevin Locke, Issac Luke, Simon Mannnering, Ben Matulino, Sam Moa, Jason Nightingale, Frank-Paul Nu’uausala, Frank Pritchard, Elijah Taylor, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Manu Vatuvei, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dean Whare, Sonny Bill Williams

Scotland_zps901486a7.jpg

19-man squad: Danny Addy, Sam Barlow, Danny Brough, Brett Carter, Luke Douglas, Ben Hellewell, Andrew Henderson, Ian Henderson, Alex Hurst, Ben Kavanagh, Kane Linnett, Brett Phillips, Matthew Russell, David Scott, Mitchell Stringer, Alex Szostak, Adam Walker, Peter Wallace, Oliver Wilkes

Referee
Ben Cummins (AUS)
Touch Judges: Jamal Thompson (AUS) & Robert Hicks (ENG)
Video Referee: Shayne Hayne (AUS)​

Last edited:

bender

Juniors
I think this is potentially the most important game of the Rugby league world cup.

If Scotland can beat New Zealand, not only would it be the biggest upset in World cup history, but imagine the publicity that an England vs Scotland World cup semi final would get in Britain. I think it might just trigger a turning point for the international game, in britain.

Of course, I do consider the kiwisa near certainty to win, but Scotland have been playing well.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I really hope Scotland are able to put on a good show in this one. I don't expect them to win, but if they can compete for sixty minutes it will do wonders for the game in Scotland and the credibility of the international game in general.

That said, I'd f**king love to see them upset the Kiwis.

Izz

Bench
Scotland by 10.

SBW to slide over the deadball in the act of scoring a try three times.

Ian Henderson to explode after one too many nuggety dummy half runs.

Harrigan

Juniors
I'm going and hoping for a close game but after seeing Scotland live twice and the Kiwi's once this World Cup, I think this game will be over by the 40 minute mark.

Scotland have looked decent but haven't faced anything near the power of this Kiwi forward pack. The outside backs, on an international scale, aren't any better either.

Kiwis 56-6

Harrigan

Juniors
On a crowd note, apparently the Southstand is sold out and the North Stand is getting close. I can't see there being 18k this week but it should be close.

roughyedspud

Coach
as ive said elsewhere....if this NZ team was the "benji show" team of the past couple of years then id really fancy scotland cos they have a cracking spine,easily the best behind the big 3...and a better halfback pairing than england...

but sadly this NZ is not a 1man show anymore.....this will be a good game for a half or 60min but the kiwis will be too strong later in the game...

JasonE

Bench
Dale Ferguson is out for Scotland, he's a big loss because they just don't have the depth to replace him.

Storm13

Juniors

Harrigan

Juniors
http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/21857.php#.UoOCZPky9N8

Southstand and Carnegie terrace both gone for Friday. That's at least 11,000 :lol:

If the North Stand sells out (which it is pretty close to) that takes it to around the 16,000 mark. Then there's just the Carnegie seats and western Terrace which the latter will sell with them being the cheapest tickets left.

We could well be on for another big crowd.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Good to see Locke prefered to Hoffman.

"I think Kevin is the best man for the job this week," Kearney said after giving the Warriors' fullback the start at Headingley on Friday (Saturday AEDT).
LINK

Dark Chook

Juniors
Scotland will play the Kiwis into form

we have the best pack in this comp so it's time to step up & make a statement against this credible side

Latest posts