What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 WC | QF1 | New Zealand 40-4 Scotland | Leeds

Quarter Final 1: New Zealand v Scotland

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Springs

First Grade
Do you watch NRL?

Just because you are slow: I know the rules, and know it wasn't a knock-on, but Cummins is refereeing NRL style all game, and in the NRL 99 times out of 100 he, and the other refs, would rule that a knock on. I'm mocking him for being reffing this game NRL style specifically when it helps him punish the kiwis (or favor the minnow, take your pick).

No, it wouldn't be. Most refs know that rule and don't call a knock back as obvious as that a knock on. Stop being thick.

Tone83

Juniors
Anyone know why Inu wasn't playing? And why Goodwin was?

Surely there's no chance we would see this lineup against oz or england?

Meth

Staff member
Anyone know why Inu wasn't playing? And why Goodwin was?

Surely there's no chance we would see this lineup against oz or england?

Goodwin was picked ahead of Inu today. He has a good game on attack, but his defense is waiting to be exposed.

Springs

First Grade
Goodwin was picked ahead of Inu today. He has a good game on attack, but his defense is waiting to be exposed.

Especially if it's him and Manu facing Watkins and Charnley next week. There's a big danger there.

Tone83

Juniors
Goodwin was picked ahead of Inu today.
Lol, and no one has a problem with that? It could only be nepotism.

Goodwin isn't good enough to play for the rabbitohs, and Inu should be the third kiwi picked automatically every time, after Luke and SBW.

Any of the outside backs being picked ahead of Inu is a joke and a slap in the face. He should realistically be their fullback, but perhaps more importantly he should keep goodwin out of the side.

beefstew

Juniors
Funny how every center who has to play inside the big dummy has their defense questioned, even Neilson looked decidedly ordinary on many occasions for the Warriors, and he's little more than a defensive robot. England, and with plenty of luck Australia, will focus their attack at Vatuvei's wing, that is if Kearney is dumb enough to pick him, and we all know what a genius coach Kearney is.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Funny how every center who has to play inside the big dummy has their defense questioned, even Neilson looked decidedly ordinary on many occasions for the Warriors, and he's little more than a defensive robot. England, and with plenty of luck Australia, will focus their attack at Vatuvei's wing, that is if Kearney is dumb enough to pick him, and we all know what a genius coach Kearney is.

You're a very boring, broken record.

Meth

Staff member
Lol, and no one has a problem with that? It could only be nepotism.

Goodwin isn't good enough to play for the rabbitohs, and Inu should be the third kiwi picked automatically every time, after Luke and SBW.

Any of the outside backs being picked ahead of Inu is a joke and a slap in the face. He should realistically be their fullback, but perhaps more importantly he should keep goodwin out of the side.

Not sure if I share your gushing enthusiasm for Inu, but yes- most don't want Goodwin there. I would probably take Glenn over Inu tbh

Dark Chook

Juniors
Not sure if I share your gushing enthusiasm for Inu, but yes- most don't want Goodwin there. I would probably take Glenn over Inu tbh

I concur

I love the beast our there but I question the Goodwin beast pairing....

Glenns experience & Hoffman outside of him is worth considering given Locke did the simple stuff ok

Glenn & the beast is ok but yes that area will be exploited by Oz kicking game.

beefstew

Juniors
I concur

I love the beast our there but I question the Goodwin beast pairing....

Glenns experience & Hoffman outside of him is worth considering given Locke did the simple stuff ok

Glenn & the beast is ok but yes that area will be exploited by Oz kicking game.

Hoffman had a very good year on the wing in a pretty poor Brisbane side, a Goodwin/ Hoffman pairing looks pretty strong.

Tommy Smith

Referee
How amazing is Roger Tuivasa-Sheck?

Already the best winger in the world after one season of first grade.

He'll be something special at fullback once he matures and learns the position.

ozbash

Referee
I can only hope the refereeing doesn't carry on like this. It's been like a crude parody of the "favour the underdog/team that's behind" style that's prominent in the NRL. A string of penalties for nothing is one thing, but the video-ref disallowing clear tries is a whole new aspect.

If it carries on we will have a very hard time beating England but if we get through we might end up dealing to Australia with a 10-0 penalty count in our favour :cool:

Cummins showed his true colours today, it certainly wasn't black..

the guy is a mongrel.

beefstew

Juniors
haha

Your hate for Vatuvei is so embarrassing.

Your love for a winger with no real speed, next to no agility, absolutely no footwork, zero kicking game, pathetic handling and the worst defense iv'e ever seen, not to mention the most ridiculously stupid player iv'e seen is laughable, talk about a mindless fanboy.

No wonder you can relate to Vatuvei, you're obviously operating on the same level of intellect.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
Part time players from Workington Town, Sheffield, Featherstone and Halifax were way better than Wallace, he was embarrassing.

Wal had a shocker, his head wasn't in the game whether his tournament was finished before this game who knows but very disappointing for the Scottish fans. I thought Brough had a great game but bombed a certain try after he made a break early in the game, would have made it 6-4 to Scotland as Russell would have scroed under the posts untouched if he gave it inside.Luke Douglas was outstanding, he was easily Scotland's best.

Let's hope some of Scotland's success translates into a bit more interest in the game up there.

Latest posts