What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // Close the Gap R23 // Sat // Tigers 4-48 Roosters // Leichhardt

Round 23: Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
At half-time the kid will go into the dressing shed and he will say: "Well? are you f**king proud of yourselves? I did my part by putting the ball on the spot like I was supposed to,but YOU lot couldn't get the tap right!!...it's like working with amateurs!!"

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The funniest thing about that rule is the success and failure of the play is almost entirely dependent on how quick the ball boy gets the ball to the touch line. That kid tonight had to sprint for 20 metres.

GongPanther

Referee
The funniest thing about that rule is the success and failure of the play is almost entirely dependent on how quick the ball boy gets the ball to the touch line. That kid tonight had to sprint for 20 metres.

The other strange point surrounding all of this issue is that Penrith,I think against either the Titans or Dogs,were just as confused when they buggered up their 40/20 tap restart.

But it's only now that the commentators and fans are calling for the rule to be reviewed.

So in essence the real question should be,is this "20 meter tap restart" no more or less important than any other on-field ruling that the footballers get penalised for or ruled on?

Why should it be the refs,the NRL's,the ball-boys fault when,as paid professional footballers,they should of by now,especially after Penrith's mistake from around the beginning of the year,know how to deal with this likely scenario.

There has been at least two other occurrences of this happening,but I can't recall them.

Last edited: