What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // QF2 // Sun // Storm 4-28 Bulldogs // AAMI

Elimination Final 2: Storm v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-mel-main.png

1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Will Chambers 4. Mahe Fonua 5. Marika Koroibete
6. Ben Roberts 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Tim Glasby 15. Tohu Harris 16. Junior Moors 17. Jordan McLean
18. Dayne Weston 19. Justin O'Neill

2014teams-cby-main.png

1. Sam Perrett 2. Corey Thompson 3. Josh Morris 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Mitch Brown
6. Josh Reynolds 7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis 10. James Graham 11. Josh Jackson 12. Tony Williams 13. Greg Eastwood

14. Dale Finucane 15. David Klemmer 16. Frank Pritchard 17. Moses Mbye
19. Reni Maitua 20. Harlan Alaalatoa 21. Pat O'Hanlon

2014ref-pink.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Gavin Morris
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Grant Atkins
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Luke Patten​

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Melbourne are no longer a special team and do not see them doing anything in week 2 of the finals but they should win this. Canterbury has been mediocre for three quarters of the season.

Swarzey

Bench
Probably the least enjoyable game of the week. Bulldogs will probably drag Storm down to their level, Ennis will probably get under the skin of plenty, Melbourne will respond with their usual wrestling crap. Big three should shine and get them home however, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bulldogs steal it.

Storm by 12.

TheFrog

Coach
The Dogs won down there some weeks back in a painfully low scoring affair of 1986 proportions, maybe they can do it again. It was the last time the Dogs looked anything like a good footy team. Hopefully getting rolled by the Titans will have woken them up to themselves.

ouwet

Bench
The Dogs won down there some weeks back in a painfully low scoring affair of 1986 proportions, maybe they can do it again. It was the last time the Dogs looked anything like a good footy team. Hopefully getting rolled by the Titans will have woken them up to themselves.

Painfully low scoring? Did you watch the match? It was high quality! One of the games of the year... I guess you are one of those people who prefer a 36-28 game.

Melbourne in Melbourne holds no fear for the Dogs... Whether we win or lose, we'll be up for this game and give it a crack... We've had no luck since origin started, with a bit of luck and composure we can beat any team (If Hodkinson didn't kick the ball out on a full, we would've beaten South Sydney, IF the video Ref had given the Dogs one of the three disallowed tries which were good against Penrith samething).

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Training run for the Storm. They are a real chance of getting to the prelim IMO. They will be playing a team coming off 2 losses in a row regardless of who the opposition is.

TheFrog

Coach
Painfully low scoring? Did you watch the match? It was high quality! One of the games of the year... I guess you are one of those people who prefer a 36-28 game.

Melbourne in Melbourne holds no fear for the Dogs... Whether we win or lose, we'll be up for this game and give it a crack... We've had no luck since origin started, with a bit of luck and composure we can beat any team (If Hodkinson didn't kick the ball out on a full, we would've beaten South Sydney, IF the video Ref had given the Dogs one of the three disallowed tries which were good against Penrith samething).

Give the trolling a miss, OK.

If my team wins 6-4 I think its exciting too.

GongPanther

Referee
You would forgive the Dogs if they had other fish to fry on their mind during that loss to the Titans yesterday.

IF that is the case,the Storm could have a handful to deal with.

The Storm are looking like a team that is yet to fully find it's potential,albeit a very good win here will establish themselves right in the mix with the betting agencies.

Centre stage we will have "Grub 1" V "Grub 2" in a Grubathon which by the end of the match,we might see these players in the heat of the moment in feeling the wrath of the games officials when fists will be flying when Billy's other ear gets a "bit" of a workout.

The referees will have to book an appointment for a hearing test after the verbal sprays that Messrs Smith & Ennis have installed for them for the entire game being this is a do or die scenario.

But in a game were anything will go and will be on from the start,I can only envision a form side in the guise of Melbourne at home to take the chocolates and for the Dogs to lament in what for them will be a season of what-ifs.

to_ddeath

Coach
Storm by 14. After 2 straight losses to the Bogs you'd think they'd strike back at home here. Playing much better than they were the last time these 2 met.

T.

soc123_au

Staff member
The last Storm vs Dogs game was great to watch from a neutral perspective. I cant see the Dogs getting the chocolates this time though.

thorson1987

Coach
The last Storm vs Dogs game was great to watch from a neutral perspective. I cant see the Dogs getting the chocolates this time though.

Come on soc, everyone knows just from looking at the score that a 6-4 score line = a shit game.

Even last years final between roosters and manly that ended 8-0 was a shit game.

soc123_au

Staff member
Come on soc, everyone knows just from looking at the score that a 6-4 score line = a shit game.

Even last years final between roosters and manly that ended 8-0 was a shit game.

Yeah, unless one team scores 50 it must be rubbish. One of the best games I have ever seen was Newcastle vs Penrith in I think 1998. It was a 12 all draw. Both sets of fans gave a standing ovation as the teams left the field.

BunniesMan

Immortal
This could be the last finals win of the big 3 era. They've gone 2 years since their last one and it could be a while until their next one.

Latest posts