What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R2 // Sat // Roosters 56-4 Eels // Allianz

Round 2: Roosters v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-syd-main.png

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Daniel Tupou 3. Michael Jennings 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. James Maloney 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Sam Moa
11. Boyd Cordner 12. Mitchell Aubusson
13. Frank Paul Nuuausala

Interchange: 14. Daniel Mortimer 15. Aidan Guerra 16. Remi Casty 17. Kane Evans
Extended Interchange: 18. Dylan Napa 19. Sio Siua Taukeiaho

2014teams-par-alt.png

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Semi Radradra 3. William Hopoate 4. Willie Tonga 5. Vai Toutai
6. Corey Norman 7. Luke Kelly
8. Tim Mannah 9. Kaysa Pritchard 10. Fuifui Moimoi
11. Ben Smith 12. Manu Ma'u
13. Ken Edwards

Interchange: 14. Joseph Paulo 15. Kelepi Tanginoa 16. Peni Terepo 17. Darcy Lussick
Extended Interchange: 18. Mitchell Allgood 19. David Gower

2014ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger, Brett Suttor
Sideline Officials: Luke Potter, Matt Noyen
Video Referees: Chris Ward, Matt Rodwell

VB NSW Cup Round 2
SUN 3:00PM | Wentworthville Magpies (PAR) v Newtown Jets (SYD) @ Ringrose Park, Wentworthville

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 2
SAT 5:15PM | Roosters v Eels @ Allianz Stadium

nrl-r2sydpar.jpg

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
just want us to compete for the full 80. Their forwards are massive so our guys will have their hands full. No SBW is good but still not expecting a win.

Valheru

Coach
Well suddenly we are the ones under pressure in this fixture, we played crap last week and Parra had a win and have every reason to believe they can win.

Crowd should be good, this fixture got 18k last year which was Easter Monday night.

man2iel_

Juniors
Who'd have thought this game would prove to be a bit of tipster's nightmare?

I will take Sydney Roosters on reputation and the fact they had run in to a red hot Bunnies team. They will be missing SBW though he was relatively quiet on Thursday night. Minichiello must bounce back though if I am Robinson, and I'd have done this before round one, I'd move RTS to fullback and have their captain on the wing. RTS looks the most likely whenever he touches the ball. Jennings too. The NSW Blues halves need to step up here as they were impotent against Souths.

The Eels looked good, really good though I think the NZ side helped their cause. The Eels play fast and it suits the 2014 game. They have some good talent emerging in their back row and out wide. Peats is going to be one of the buys of the season and he will only improve on last night too.

BranVan3000

Coach
Easts in a tight one

Well be a good yard stick to tell if Eels are contenders or just beat up on a lacklustre Warriors

Springs

First Grade
Can't see Roosters hitting top form for a while. If Eels can hold the ball they have a chance. Their attack looked 1000x better than last year.

T.S Quint

Coach
This is a tough challenge.

Sure we did well yesterday, but the Roosters are a step up from the Warriors and then some.
They will be hurting after losing to their bitter rivals last Thursday and will want to beat up on the next available target, which is unfortunately us.

I'm hoping we can show some resolve in defence again, but I'm not expecting a win here.

Who'd have thought this game would prove to be a bit of tipster's nightmare?

Minichiello must bounce back though if I am Robinson, and I'd have done this before round one, I'd move RTS to fullback and have their captain on the wing. RTS looks the most likely whenever he touches the ball. Jennings too.

Have you watched the Roosters play much in the last year and a half? When Mini was out last year they played RTS at fullback and he did not play well. Round 22 v Canberra, Round 23 v West Tigers and Round 24 2013 v Cronulla he played fullback and he was only average at fullback in all 3 games. Additionally he is a bit on the shy side so he does not talk in defence like Mini does, which a number of the Roosters players have said how invaluable Mini is in that regard.

RTS might get game time at FB, but he will have to improve markedly to shift Mini at this stage.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I would be happy if we lost by 10 points or less,Roosters are class,i don't expect the Eels to win,just want them to be competitive and not get destroyed.

chrisD

Coach
Roosters comfortably, JWH and Moa got mauled by Souths and will take their anger out on Parra.