What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R6 // Sat // Tigers 16-4 Cowboys // Campbelltown

Round 6: Tigers v Cowboys

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2014teams-wst-main.png

1. Kurtis Rowe 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Tim Simona 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Pat Richards
6. Blake Austin 7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods 9. Robbie Farah 10. Keith Galloway 11. Liam Fulton 12. Bodene Thompson 13. Adam Blair

14. Martin Taupau 15. Ava Seumanufagai 16. James Gavet 17. Sitaleki Akauola
18. Keith Lulia

2014teams-nql-alt.png

1. Michael Morgan 2. Matthew Wright 3. Brent Tate 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Johnathan Thurston 7. Robert Lui
8. Matthew Scott 9. Rory Kostjasyn 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Jason Taumalolo 13. Tariq Sims

14. Ray Thompson 15. Joel Riethmuller 16. Ashton Sims 17. Scott Bolton

2014ref-pink.jpg

Head Referee: Gavin Morris
Assistant Referee: Gavin Reynolds

Sideline Officials: Dan Eastwood, Chris Sutton
Video Referees: Chris Ward, Andrew Dunemann

VB NSW Cup Round 6
SAT 3:00PM | Penrith Panthers (PEN) v Wests Tigers (WST) @ Sportingbet Stadium, Penrith

QRL Intrust Super Cup Round 7
SAT 5:30PM | Northern Pride (NQL) v Easts Tigers (MEL) @ Barlow Park, Cairns
SUN 2:00PM | Burleigh Bears (GLD) v Mackay Cutters (NQL) @ Pizzey Park, Miami

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 6
SAT 5:15PM | Tigers v Cowboys @ Campbelltown​

Last edited:

Eddie.

Bench
Tigers have a great record against the Cows in Sydney. They have not won in Sydney since at Ctwon 10 year ago. Should be a pretty even game, Tigers by 2.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Never know what you're gunna get from the cowboys, but we're generally their bogey team. Looking forward to seeing our props against the Aussie front row. Hopefully tedesco is good to go. If so I'll say tigers by 2-3 tries

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tigers are rocks or diamonds this year. Cowboys are a better team then their form is showing. Too bloody hard to call. Will wait & see who's playing before i take a guess

Clifferd

Coach
Yep if anything Anasta being out boosts the Tigers. Teddy being out dismantles there attack though, so I'll go Tigers by 60

Charlie124

First Grade
Before i even knew who we were playing this week i predicted we'd smash the knights and then lose the next game. We are the kings of "finally clicking into gear" only to have the whole gearbox fall out of the car the next game. Then when i saw it was the Tigers i figure everything will go to script.

Tigers by 400

Vic Mackey

Referee
Not as confident with Rowe at fullback, personally dont think he's upto it.

As stated cowboys record against us is horrible plus they could be missing Tariq and taulalomo

Tigers by 4

soc123_au

Staff member
I am looking forward to seeing how Blake Austin goes. If he plays to potential it might spell the end for Anasta.

Canard

Immortal
Never know what you're gunna get from the cowboys, but we're generally their bogey team. Looking forward to seeing our props against the Aussie front row. Hopefully tedesco is good to go. If so I'll say tigers by 2-3 tries

Definitely a bogey team, amazingly prior to the 2005 GF our record against you guys was very good.

And when I say good, I mean like we won about 5 of 20 games against you guys, which for us prior to 2005 was pretty much our best record against any team in the competition by some length.

Since '05 I reckon its less than 3 wins maybe?

TimmyB

Juniors
Definitely a bogey team, amazingly prior to the 2005 GF our record against you guys was very good.

And when I say good, I mean like we won about 5 of 20 games against you guys, which for us prior to 2005 was pretty much our best record against any team in the competition by some length.

Since '05 I reckon its less than 3 wins maybe?

I used to hate playing the cowboys. You were perrenial cellar dwellars but we couldn't buy a win against you.

Checked the stats because I was sure we were on the wrong side of th ledger. Turns out leading into the semi we were 3 from 11 against you. Prior to a win late in the 05 season we were 2 from 10!

Since the win late in 05 we are 13 from 18, at one srage it was 12 from 15.

Bizarre how these records develop!

TimmyB

Juniors
And we haven't lost to the Cowboys in Sydney since 2004. That was the game in Campbelltown were we needed to win one of the next 3 games to make our first finals. We were atrocious in that game and for the rest of the season and bowed out.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Even up there we've had some good wins over the last few years.

It also helped that Luke Odonnell would generally give away 37 penalties against us every game.

Canard

Immortal
And we haven't lost to the Cowboys in Sydney since 2004. That was the game in Campbelltown were we needed to win one of the next 3 games to make our first finals. We were atrocious in that game and for the rest of the season and bowed out.

Winning that game cemented the Cowboys first ever finals berth, in our 10th season.

I used to hate playing the cowboys. You were perrenial cellar dwellars but we couldn't buy a win against you.

Checked the stats because I was sure we were on the wrong side of th ledger. Turns out leading into the semi we were 3 from 11 against you. Prior to a win late in the 05 season we were 2 from 10!

Since the win late in 05 we are 13 from 18, at one srage it was 12 from 15.

Bizarre how these records develop!

Yep, backed up my memory, it's got to be psychological surely?

I reckon Tiges by around 13+