What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$150 in to....

The 18th Man

Juniors
$150 in to....

This thread will be a thread detailing the bet's I place in an attempt to turn $150 in to a decent profit. I have done something similar five years ago with $100 and haven't redeposited in to the account. Perfect bankroll management will not be practised, that's not the moral to this story. I want to find sure winners in the sports I follow and attempt to highlight how easy it can be to build a tidy profit bit by bit. I won't be looking for 'value', I am looking at chipping away taking any profit I can get from betfair.com.

The lowdown

Bank roll: $150
What if I blow the bankroll in those key early stages: I have two reload options of $100 only.
Sports: Rugby league, cricket, football, NFL, College FB, boxing, baseball, basketball
Bet amounts: Initially, most of my roll will be used and I will scale it back to cover myself.

This thread is a little bit of fun, though I will being taking it seriously. Taking small profits regulary from your bookie, online bookie etc isn't exciting as say the big score, though grinding it out can be equally rewarding when you see your initial investment still in your account and total wallet 10 to 20 times what it was. It's betting with your head, not your heart.

Evenflow

Bench
Good idea i'll be sure to follow your progress. I've no time or interest for people who only announce their "winnings" after the actual event takes place (and there's plenty of em) so good luck and hope you win plenty.

The 18th Man

Juniors
Thanks Evenflow. We'll see how we go. The start is the important part of doing something like this as you're risking your entire bankroll on what you deem to be a 'sure thing' (which we know is a myth when discussing sport). I want to get to a point where I am betting $100 only with a growing cushion in the account.

rabs

Staff member
better off going for value bets mate, those shorties will eventually get you

Seagullsrock

Juniors
$150 in to....

This thread will be a thread detailing the bet's I place in an attempt to turn $150 in to a decent profit. I have done something similar five years ago with $100 and haven't redeposited in to the account. Perfect bankroll management will not be practised, that's not the moral to this story. I want to find sure winners in the sports I follow and attempt to highlight how easy it can be to build a tidy profit bit by bit. I won't be looking for 'value', I am looking at chipping away taking any profit I can get from betfair.com.

This thread is a little bit of fun, though I will being taking it seriously. Taking small profits regulary from your bookie, online bookie etc isn't exciting as say the big score, though grinding it out can be equally rewarding when you see your initial investment still in your account and total wallet 10 to 20 times what it was. It's betting with your head, not your heart.

Yep looks like you have a great system. :roll:Don't bet on anything with legs or wheels.

shane1970

Juniors
I'm doing the same thing 18th - along with all my multi's I take, this year I also decided to have a go at a 'let it ride' type situation where I attempt to find one winner except I only start with $100 - My first bet is the Titans to win @ $1.30.

The 18th Man

Juniors
RELOAD #1: $100 PROFIT: -$250

You_Suck4.jpg

Tipster

Bench
Never understood why people take so much joy when others lose money.

GL with this champ, think the Titans with their dominant home record against one of the worst travellers should get it done if you want a shorty for today. Just check the weather before kick off though because bit of rain about this morning in the Coast

The 18th Man

Juniors
Round one is proving to be a minefield for tipping and punting. The first few rounds usually are admittedly. So if I can come through unscathed again up until round four, all shall be good.

Bet #2: $100 on Gold Coast @ $1.31 to defeat the New Zealand Warriors, return $31.

Last edited:

The 18th Man

Juniors
Baron Von Mandor said:
lol - fail!

There is always a 'Johnny-come-lately' ... Yeah, got it mate, it was a fail. We'll see what happens over the entire season.

Good luck with your weight loss.

Last edited:

The 18th Man

Juniors
Round one is proving to be a minefield for tipping and punting. The first few rounds usually are admittedly. So if I can come through unscathed again up until round four, all shall be good.

Bet #2: $100 on Gold Coast @ $1.31 to defeat the New Zealand Warriors, return $31.

1/2, $31 returned.

2010 Profit/Loss: -$119

Jono078

Referee
All the best, hope you make a profit dude.

You inspired me to throw $50 on the Knights and Eels to get up this weekend. Will return $150 :)