What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

17th TEAM

Perth Red

Post Whore
Greenberg just totally avoided answering the question twice on perth getting a club. Didn’t even fall back on the expansion review taking place. Sigh.

The Great Dane

First Grade
No you haven't! You are a delusional fool hiding a flawed thought process on what is good for this code. I call it reckless.

Well I know/have met six year old's that could comprehend what I was saying in the post that you were replying to (i.e. please stop derailing every thread by forcing the discussion onto the Bears) and you completely failed to do so... So yeah, I have.

I mean you literally thought that I was comparing the merits of a hypothetical Bears bid to a hypothetical Hawaii bid for f**ks sake.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I'm not sure why you keep replying to this. Let's leave it at that and I'll let you know when Redcliffe enter the NRL.

I agree that redcliffe is a certainty. You only need to go to the club and look at the facilities to be convinced. I’m fairly certain they have already been given the green light. That would explain the stadium upgrades that have been going on.
People saying they are isolated are kidding themselves as there is a train station 2 minutes up the road. And money is not a problem

mongoose

Coach
I agree that redcliffe is a certainty. You only need to go to the club and look at the facilities to be convinced. I’m fairly certain they have already been given the green light. That would explain the stadium upgrades that have been going on.
People saying they are isolated are kidding themselves as there is a train station 2 minutes up the road. And money is not a problem

who is going to catch a train for over an hour from all corners of Brisbane to go to kippa ring? It's a 55m train ride from central. If you are coming from the south side that is well over an hour of travel. As far as I know the train station isn't near any nice bars or pubs. It's near some dumpy suburban shopping centre.
I reckon there is more chance of Brisbane people taking the train to Robina than Kippa Ring.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
who is going to catch a train for over an hour from all corners of Brisbane to go to kippa ring? It's a 55m train ride from central. If you are coming from the south side that is well over an hour of travel. As far as I know the train station isn't near any nice bars or pubs. It's near some dumpy suburban shopping centre.
I reckon there is more chance of Brisbane people taking the train to Robina than Kippa Ring.

Maybe they could utilize shuttle busses from the train station to the ground just a thought.

Stallion

First Grade
Well I know/have met six year old's that could comprehend what I was saying in the post that you were replying to (i.e. please stop derailing every thread by forcing the discussion onto the Bears) and you completely failed to do so... So yeah, I have.

I mean you literally thought that I was comparing the merits of a hypothetical Bears bid to a hypothetical Hawaii bid for f**ks sake.

Lol. Given the trash you have put forward before : yes. And you are proving to be a truelly fake and ignorant contributor. The Bears comment is valid. Your comments are ignorant.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe they could utilize shuttle busses from the train station to the ground just a thought.

Still misses the point, the next Brisbane team needs to be a centralised but with a region to represent. Let’s be honest the talk of a brl club stepping up is only because they have some pokie machines to chip in Some money if needed.
We need a much stronger business model for brisbane2 than that. If the new club can avg around 20k and get corporates on board that are currently locked out then they should be fine and not need a pokie den. To do that they need to be playing at Suncorp.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Could you post the story for us as it's behind a paywall? Cheers

EDIT: Scratch that, I can see it in the other thread. Positive news though. Do you reckon Twiggy will get on board?
Not a chance, twiggy is a ruggers man through and through

blue bags

First Grade
What a load of nonsense.
1. Beattie wouldnt be going to the media companies this far out
2. They aren’t going to do anything until the expansion report is tabled
3. One extra team adds no new content value so what exactly is he supposed to be asking the media companies for?
thats not what you posted today

Perth Red

Post Whore
No, no let's wait for everything to settle down before doing another tv deal was the rhetoric wasn't it. For some people by 2022 we would probably have lost clubs, no tv deal and expansion thoroughly off the table.

yes because fox were going to send themselves bust by deciding not to bid for nrl and no fta station is going to want to screen the most watched sport in Australia lol. Honestly we aren’t union drawing 40k viewers a game ffs!

blue bags

First Grade
Still misses the point, the next Brisbane team needs to be a centralised but with a region to represent. Let’s be honest the talk of a brl club stepping up is only because they have some pokie machines to chip in Some money if needed.
We need a much stronger business model for brisbane2 than that. If the new club can avg around 20k and get corporates on board that are currently locked out then they should be fine and not need a pokie den. To do that they need to be playing at Suncorp.
thats right , a game at suncorp every weekend, perfect for NRL,
brisbane rugby league fans

typicalfan

Coach
yes because fox were going to send themselves bust by deciding not to bid for nrl and no fta station is going to want to screen the most watched sport in Australia lol. Honestly we aren’t union drawing 40k viewers a game ffs!
What money would they have to throw at us if NRL didn't start so early. You think Fox wouldn't have been losing money hand over fist in the last few months?

Perth Red

Post Whore
What money would they have to throw at us if NRL didn't start so early. You think Fox wouldn't have been losing money hand over fist in the last few months?

I was talking in 12-18 months time. Nrl has done a great job getting back as soon as possible, full credit to everyone involved. But that doesnt discount the fact the nrl has agreed to slice its tv revenue 20-30% which is going to make expansion an interesting challenge. Especially as he also also committed to maintaining spending in many areas AND to putting money aside to invest in assets. In reality nrl now has a Revenue hole of around $40-50million a year, wants to put aside another $20mill a year and is somehow going to find $13-15million a year to bring in a second Brisbane team?

Logan could have a team of its own and should have one before Perth. There are at least 14 rugby league clubs in Logan and they're growing all the time. I think that's as many as there are in all of Brisbane. Maybe more. It take ages to get to Lang Park from Logan.

The only downside to Logan is the council is corrupt and sucks up to fumbleball, even though there are only 2 lousy clubs in the whole city. The council ran the Scorpions into the ground by forcing them to pay a massiely expensive 15 year lease that was bigger than every other club in the city combined to play at a ground they didn't want to be based at. Then they wound the club up in 2002 and gave their ground to the Brisbane Strikers soccer club.

The Fitzroy Bears fumbleball club collects $5,000,000 a year from the pokies at the Lions@Springwood club they built in Logan a decade ago. The idiot Donkeys could be making that money and them some by having their own Leagues here, but the morons couldn't be bothered. Putting another team in north-West Brisbane, which is where Lang Park is, will lead to Logan being ignored for everything but the talented juniors it produces. The next team has to be on the southside of town and play at Nathan.