What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1960s and 1970s tv

roboshark

Coach
Showing my age here but I love this period of Tv

Favourites from the 60s were Get smart and Batman

But also liked bewitched, the munsters, and the Addams family

also loved 70s wirh shows like Emergency, Quincy ME , six million dollar man, and chips

Tbis may have been done before on here but will pay tv these days these shows never go out of fashion

Any other people favs from this era ?

Lost in Space was a favourite and is getting a run again on Foxtel. Phantom Agents and The Samurai are a couple I'd watch again, seeing ninjas jump backwards into trees never gets old.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I turn 30 in 2 weeks but one of my all time fav shows has to be 60's batman. Managed to score all 3 seasons on DVD a few years back. From Adam west being the scrawniest batman ever to Caesar Romero refusing to shave the Mo for the part of Joker, it's a classic. Some of the villains were piss funny as well, Bookworm, King Tut, Mad Hatter and Egghead.

Love how in the later years they were clearly running low on $$$ and there is entire fight scenes in the dark, just words popping up on a darkened room lol

Parra

Referee
Mary Tyler Moore show still goes OK.
Newhart - haven't seen it for years (decades)
Super Dave Osborne Show - seemed to get one run when pay-tv first came to Aus
The Honeymooners
Boys from the Blackstuff - you can catch this on youtube. Best drama to come out of the UK
Minder - hasn't dated well
The Professionals - haven't seen Bodey & Doyle for decades either.
Danger UXB - anyone remember this? Great series from England.
Sledgehammer
Hill Street Blues - I have season one. Don't believe any other seasons have been released. Holds up well.

carcharias

Immortal
goodies_1755797c.jpg

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
My favs from the era.

Get Smart
I Dream of Jeannie - Barbara Eden was more than something.....:hg:
The Kenny Everett Show - started very late 70s
The Flintstones
Phantom Agents
Homicide
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Division 4
The Twilight Zone
Gilligan's Island
The Outer Limits
Marty Feldman's Comedy Machine

These shows are firmly imbedded in my childhood/adolescent memory and not all of them were necessarily that great.

Last edited:

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Remember watching a few cartoons my old man used to watch back in the 60-70's. Tom slick and super chicken I think they were called. When he showed me them I just pissed myself. Super chicken had his coop mobile which always made me laugh.

Latest posts