What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1qaz Comments

1qaz

Juniors
This has been going far too long. I wonder when the Alex Glenn big cover up going to come out? I hate being right all the time.

Hoffman is one of the club's most popular servants, winning the supporters' player-of-the-year gong at the Broncos' recent awards night.
But there has been growing tension. Last year, Hoffman was dropped by Griffin for being late to a weigh-in session.
The Mackay product was happy to accept the decision, but later felt aggrieved when a Broncos colleague escaped punishment for arriving late to a video session.

Dazzat

First Grade
It seems that if you played in the famous Under 20s premiership winning team that Griffin coaches, that you can do no wrong.

1qaz

Juniors
It seems that if you played in the famous Under 20s premiership winning team that Griffin coaches, that you can do no wrong.

Good point. And it's not surprising we had the worst season in the club's history!!
What a disgraceful way to celebrate 25 years!! :crazy:

Kiwi

First Grade
Hoffman was a star of that U/20s team...
ssssshhhhh don't let facts get in the way of their stupid rant

Also Hoffman could have been warned before, no one knows the reason each player was late to their respective sessions. Hoffman's excuse could have been lame and Glenn's completely out of his control. It's extremely stupid to judge this without knowing all the facts.

Last edited:

ranga68

Juniors
McGuire was dropped to the bench in round 2 due to have drinks after the game with family, was accused by senior playing group of being out all night, the senior playing group of Glen hodges etc get away with shit. players dobbing on players without all the facts. Hodges can bad mouth Hoffman. Thiaday bad mouthed Hannant and McGuire saying there weren't up to rep footy and yet he considered himself ready. until they are all treated the same there will be upset players with good reason. Macca preached at last years presentation how he got locked up for the night what happened to him?

1qaz

Juniors
What a disgraceful season this was. I have never been so disappointed.
What excuses do we have? Injuries? I keep reading injuries blah blah blah injuries blah blah
Injuries are no f**king excuse when there were no major injuries to our spine.
Our 1, 6, 7 and 9 were pretty much injury free this season and we still had the worst f**ken season in the club's history.

Why did we sign Scotty Princess again? Just to piss Corey Norman off?
The coach invested a lot of time in Corey Norman but only for him to piss off to the Eels.
Is there a dumber coach in the game? Lucky the Eels took him off our hands otherwise the dumb ass coach would've played him at fullback for the next 10 years!! :crazy:

bfoord

Juniors
Norman was far better playing fullback than he was playing 5/8.

And if he wasn't a whining little princess with no heart, he would've realised that he could learn the game from fullback before moving to 5/8 in a few years. Similar to the path the great one Darren Lockyer took.

Personally I'm glad he pissed off to the Eels. Otherwise we may not have signed Barba or Milford

Tone83

Juniors
The problem is we (and I am technically a brisbanite, but be f**ked if I would support the current broncos squad), have no players. We used to do well because we had an all star team and the best coach in the game. Now we have a shit coach, and shit players. It's not rocket science. A good coach would be nice, but more important is having decent players, maybe even a star or two, and there are none. Hodges was a star player, but is on his last legs and constantly injured, and frankly he wouldn't have been enough anyway. You look around the squad and it's a "whose who" of "who's that?", it's a joke. We're dragons like with our lack of talent at the moment. Especially sad considering the dizzying heights we've enjoyed in the past talent wise.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Our 1, 6, 7 and 9 were pretty much injury free this season and we still had the worst f**ken season in the club's history.

Do I need to remind you who our 1, 6, 7 and 9 were this season? We probably had one of the worst spines in the comp.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The problem is we (and I am technically a brisbanite, but be f**ked if I would support the current broncos squad), have no players. We used to do well because we had an all star team and the best coach in the game. Now we have a shit coach, and shit players. It's not rocket science. A good coach would be nice, but more important is having decent players, maybe even a star or two, and there are none. Hodges was a star player, but is on his last legs and constantly injured, and frankly he wouldn't have been enough anyway. You look around the squad and it's a "whose who" of "who's that?", it's a joke. We're dragons like with our lack of talent at the moment. Especially sad considering the dizzying heights we've enjoyed in the past talent wise.

You must have some support left for them if you are willing to post on an internet forum about it with such passion.

I don't know if you had noticed but (big) changes are happening at the Broncos. It's time to stop dwelling on the past and look to the future.

Tone83

Juniors
The moment they put together a good squad is the moment I'll start supporting them again. With no hesitation, but I will not tolerate the garbage they have been feeding me over the last couple of years. Last year and the year before I was cheering for sydney teams to beat them, and I feel no remorse, they deserved it for not taking the season seriously with their pathetic lineups.

There's only one team in this world I will blindly support no matter what, and that's the toads.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
hey 1qaz, if you have random comments/thoughts about the Broncos that you feel like doesn't need it's own thread, can you please put it in here.

Last edited:

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The moment they put together a good squad is the moment I'll start supporting them again. With no hesitation, but I will not tolerate the garbage they have been feeding me over the last couple of years. Last year and the year before I was cheering for sydney teams to beat them, and I feel no remorse, they deserved it for not taking the season seriously with their pathetic lineups.

There's only one team in this world I will blindly support no matter what, and that's the toads.

Mate that's a bit rough. The Broncos have had it good for so long now, we were bound to hit some harder times, especially with the salary cap and all.

The players have still been putting in, more than 100%, imho. Whilst that is happening, how can you not support them? It is not there fault, there has been some mis-management up the top. I think that they have basically admitted that they've made some wrong decisions recently, but are changing that up with better recruitment (both players and staff).

I hope you can give the Broncos a chance and get back on board!

Hench

Juniors
Everyone gave 100%?

The f**king captain gave up completely since he came back from Origin. Go watch the 2nd half of the Panthers game to see if they were trying.

Nerd

Bench
Do I need to remind you who our 1, 6, 7 and 9 were this season? We probably had one of the worst spines in the comp.

My thoughts exactly. Wallace should have been dropped after the first 5 or so rounds. One guy doesn't make a team but your halfback steers your attack around the field and this is something Wallace could/did not do.

1qaz

Juniors
Norman was far better playing fullback than he was playing 5/8.

And if he wasn't a whining little princess with no heart, he would've realised that he could learn the game from fullback before moving to 5/8 in a few years. Similar to the path the great one Darren Lockyer took.

Personally I'm glad he pissed off to the Eels. Otherwise we may not have signed Barba or Milford

You dumb ass you miss the point. Norman is shit in every position.
You just proved my point. The dumb ass coach thinking he could do a Darren Lockyer with him. OH PLEZZZ

1qaz

Juniors

Do I need to remind you this is the team the dumb ass coach wanted.
Thinking Corey Norman was the next Darren Lockyer. MacTurd was the next Cameron Smith. Peter Wallace the next Peter Walllace.

Next challenger please.

Latest posts