What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Grade Named-Todd In #6!

lukethejedi

Juniors
ummm am i the only one who thinks having chalk on the bench is a wasted bench spot- i'd rather blood someone like ben jones.

Brimmer

Juniors
Nah... I agree... Chalk should start... the bench should be for utilities/forwards.

Actually, I think chalk should feel a bit bummed by not being in at the start of the year. 5 trys in 2 games.... Not a bad strike rate?

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
chalk is lucky to be on the bentch that day he scored 4 any player would have scored 3 of them and one was a good effort with some luck involved get over it

cooba

Juniors
What about Milne, I saw him score a scorcher of a try for the reggies against the Roosters- he looked better than Gaffa?

Milne is the best all-round winger the Raiders have, IMO.

That's a big statement considering he hasn't played FG, but if you look at it, we don't have many pure wingers. Graham isn't a winger, Gafa is too slow for a winger, Chalk is a good winger but he can play anywhere, and Milne is better than Howell.

It's only a matter of time before Milne plays first grade, hopefully it will be for a long time to come.

Brimmer

Juniors
Yeah, how old is he? I take it should be a flegg player because he's been there a while and isn't shown on the team picture they have getting round.

brenno

Juniors
Milne is still pretty young i think. Although, i've heard he's still abit on the small side for first grade.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
Hey, cool - last night for some reason one of my above posts got submitted 3 times accidently, and i couldn't delete them, only edit them (which was pointless).
I went to the "Go ahead! Ask anything!" forum to see if i could somehow delete my multiple copies of the same post, but was told i couldn't.
Anyway, i came onto this topic this morning, and the posts that i wanted to delete are gone! i don't know how, but thankyou to whoever deleted them for me - i looked really stupid having the same post repeated 3 times... :clap:

thickos

First Grade
Raider Crusader said:
Hey, cool - last night for some reason one of my above posts got submitted 3 times accidently, and i couldn't delete them, only edit them (which was pointless).
I went to the "Go ahead! Ask anything!" forum to see if i could somehow delete my multiple copies of the same post, but was told i couldn't.
Anyway, i came onto this topic this morning, and the posts that i wanted to delete are gone! i don't know how, but thankyou to whoever deleted them for me - i looked really stupid having the same post repeated 3 times... :clap:

I deleted them, you guys cant delete your own posts, only edit them.

Don't worry about multiple posts champ, plenty of times the browser hangs and people hit submit a few times...

woodgers

Bench
chalk is lucky to be on the bentch that day he scored 4 any player would have scored 3 of them and one was a good effort with some luck involved get over it
I disagree. I have watched Chalk in PL the last couple of years and he is a really good allround player. He is quick, Strong, Can tackle and read the play as well as being one of the best at the club defusing any kind of kick - he mainly plays fullback.

I reckon he wants the ball more than the other backs. How many minutes did he play against Manly? Not many, maybe 15 or so but I still reckon he touched the ball as much as the backs who were there for 80. Can someone check the stats somewhere to see if my eyes deceived me?

thickos

First Grade
Chalk - 1 line break, 3 hitups, 49 metres in 18 minutes
Graham - 7 hitups, 62 metres
Mogg - 1 line break, 13 hitups, 129 metres
Howell - 6 hitups, 49 metres
Gafa - 8 hitups, 52 metres

Clearly Chalk has done well with limited time.

woodgers

Bench
My calculator says that if you divide the hit ups by the minutes played.

Chalk = 18(m) / 3(h) = touches the ball once every 6 minutes
Gafa = 80 / 8 = touches the ball once every 10 minutes
howell = 80 / 6 = touches the ball once every 13 :!: minutes

Chalk is touching the ball twice to every 1 time Howell or Graham are getting it. I know that stats can be deceiving but these ones don't lie especially when I think Chalky runs straighter than any of those other outside backs.

How does Chalk Marry into the Elliott family I wonder?

jed

First Grade
woodgers said:
My calculator says that if you divide the hit ups by the minutes played.

Chalk = 18(m) / 3(h) = touches the ball once every 6 minutes
Gafa = 80 / 8 = touches the ball once every 10 minutes
howell = 80 / 6 = touches the ball once every 13 :!: minutes

Chalk is touching the ball twice to every 1 time Howell or Graham are getting it. I know that stats can be deceiving but these ones don't lie especially when I think Chalky runs straighter than any of those other outside backs.

How does Chalk Marry into the Elliott family I wonder?

I don't disagree at all with you woodgers, but a part of the problem is how often the ball gets out to them to make a run. I can see how frustrated some of the guys get out wide when the ball is always thrown inside from dummy-half. How many times have we seen an overlap on the short side, with Graham waving his hand for the entire set of six.

Gafa this year hasn't been anywhere near as spectacular as he was last season - in 04 he dominated the position in almost every game, no matter where he played. This year he's a lot flatter. Mogg's in a similar position.

Howell's been safe, but hasn't done anything spectacular. Graham's not doing too bad, but neither Graham or Howell are crossing the try-line on a regular basis. Frawley's also done nothing to set the world on fire, but I'd like to give the guy another few games, see if he can find his feet.

I'm a huge fan of Chalk's, I'd like to see him in the starting line-up, at this stage I'd be swapping him with Howell.