What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia v India at SCG Jan 12th 2019 - AUSTRALIA WON BY 34 RUNS

Eelectrica

Referee
I like Siddles selection a lot more than I like Stanlake who just gets smashed.
He's picked because he's 10 foot tall or something. That's it.
Siddle has actually shown something in BBL at least. Given everyone else we've tried we don't have a whole lot of ODI bowling options.

Worth a try given we're getting smashed 3-0 in the series regardless.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think it would be a better idea to give a younger bloke a go who may get smashed the same as Bananaman but will at least have a future.

We are at a low point which is fair enough, we've been up there for as long as most can remember, now its rebuilding time, not time to to bring back some of our past failures.

TIGER14

Bench
Langer said the uncapped Turner's ability to finish off an innings with the bat and his ability to create pressure with his lightning running between the wickets were what got him the nod.

"I remember when Mike Hussey came into Australian cricket, the thing that almost got him a shot in the one-day side was his running between his wickets," Langer said.

"That might sound like the dumbest thing you've ever heard but you watch Ashton Turner, the way he runs between wickets is unbelievable.

Can't wait to see this unbelievable running that Turner has.

typicalfan

Coach
Langer said the uncapped Turner's ability to finish off an innings with the bat and his ability to create pressure with his lightning running between the wickets were what got him the nod.

"I remember when Mike Hussey came into Australian cricket, the thing that almost got him a shot in the one-day side was his running between his wickets," Langer said.

"That might sound like the dumbest thing you've ever heard but you watch Ashton Turner, the way he runs between wickets is unbelievable.

Yep.

Iafeta

Referee

Hmmm... I don’t know if it’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard from an Australian cricketer, I’ve heard some corkers in my time.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

he left out the bit that says he get picked because he's a West Australian

Iafeta

Referee
Good to see Australia donning the retro outfit. I reckon this team could beat them...

Jeff Dyson
Dirk Wellham Captain
Greg Ritchie
Glenn Trimble
Gregory Matthews
Tim Zoehrer
Tom Hogan
Rod McCurdy
Simon Davis
John Maguire
11th man Peter Taylor
Squad member and running between the wickets coach Graeme Wood

That’s no typo. Only 10 men required to win.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good to see Australia donning the retro outfit. I reckon this team could beat them...

Jeff Dyson
Dirk Wellham Captain
Greg Ritchie
Glenn Trimble
Gregory Matthews
Tim Zoehrer
Tom Hogan
Rod McCurdy
Simon Davis
John Maguire
11th man Peter Taylor
Squad member and running between the wickets coach Graeme Wood

That’s no typo. Only 10 men required to win.
Outstanding looking team, good to see Tommy Hogan getting a run, Ashton Agar makes him look like Derek Underwood at Headingly in 72.