What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia v Zimbabwe in Townsville (Tony Ireland Stadium) Aug 28, 2022

Fangs

Coach
I just don't want to see Carey higher up the order. Looks like they have plenty of all-rounders and I'd like to see all of them in before Carey.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We have picked our XI for the opener

Australia XI for first ODI: Aaron Finch (c), David Warner, Steve Smith, Alex Carey (wk), Marcus Stoinis, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Cameron Green, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Carey at 4? Am I missing something?

Like his unbelievable consistent match turning innings at this level?

Another one who will fill his boots against minnows and guarantee his spot for the next 59 years.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Finchy won the toss and elected to field.

His plan: bowl them out cheaply, knock off the runs quickly enough to still get to the all you can eat buffet at cowboys league club.

undertaker

Coach
Is that Dan Ginnane commentating? Jesus Christ why fox cricket? Why?

Reminds me of the Big Bash season (the final tournament in the state franchise format) where Warren Smith (NRL) and Brian Taylor (AFL) were commenators.

This particular over immediately comes to mind:

undertaker

Coach
Lmao, why is Shouty Ginnane in the comm box?
Dan Ginnane looks hilarious when the camera pans to him, Skull and Lyon.

It's like watching an ADHD kid struggling to stay still and quiet, whilst having to listen to Skull and Nathan Lyon doing most of the talking.

Cricket is clearly too slow for Ginnane's liking.

Last edited: