What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia vs. West Indies at Perth 1st Feb, 2013

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Henriques has actually done OK

Maxwell is only good for whinging at the opposition

Earl

Coach
Maxwell has net form. He has said so himself.

Plus he has the longest face I've ever seen this side of Coffs Harbour

Sphagnum

Coach
Maxwell is Martyn and Langer's lovechild.

Inverarity being the mental giant that he is expects he will also share some of their talent.

He doesn't.

Timbo

Staff member
Poor scheduling. 2 matches at the WACA in 2 days. A day match on a weekday.

Are they trying to keep crowds down or what? The Manuka ODI sold out weeks ago, and it's touch and go at the SCG but geez what was the point of this?

jargan83

Coach
School doesn't go back until next week here in WA so that might help but I agree that it is pretty poor scheduling

Throw in a forecast of 38 degrees as well

lockyno1

Post Whore

Are they trying to keep crowds down or what? The Manuka ODI sold out weeks ago, and it's touch and go at the SCG but geez what was the point of this?

Too many matches as well, who else is over this summer? I am more looking forward to India and England rather than some mickey mouse one dayers, probably similar to a lot of fans actually who are getting ready for football seasons.

Xfactor1979

Bench
Can we please stop having sri lanka play here every summer?

Are cricketing relations between Australia and the other 7 test playing nations that bad that we always play sri lanka? EVERY SUMMER :crazy:

Heres a conspiracy theory, it satisfies the homesickness of the Sri Lankans who have moved to Australia to seek asylum

IanG

Coach

Who knows

I remember a few seasons ago a similar thing happened when 2 of the 5 ODIs against Pakistan were in Perth. Remember the one where Shahid Afridi thought the ball was a nice juicy apple? Also when that pelican climbed the fence and crash tackled one of the Pakistani fielders

Shahid Afridi Bites Ball

Xfactor1979

Bench
Who knows

I remember a few seasons ago a similar thing happened when 2 of the 5 ODIs against Pakistan were in Perth. Remember the one where Shahid Afridi thought the ball was a nice juicy apple? Also when that pelican climbed the fence and crash tackled one of the Pakistani fielders

Shahid Afridi Bites Ball

that was absolute madness that evening

anything and everything was happening that game

you need a good ol aus v islamic republic of pakistan game to bring out the worse of us

the game was played in perth and perth gets called the wild west for a good reason

everyone there goes to conservative churches and they believe afl is the "national game" :eek:

and what more you ask? theres nothing to do there, but whine and complain

vvvrulz

Coach
Really looking forward to today's match.

"Sorry Australia, its West Indies all the way".

Hallatia

Referee
The Australian team was confirmed yesterday
Hughes, Finch, Clarke, Khawaja, Bailey, wade, Gerry, Faulkner, Johnson, Starch, McKay

Earl

Coach
Unless Clarke decides he wants to have a bowl, Glenn Maxwell will have to bowl 10 overs today.

Luckily for him he has really been working hard on bowling the off spinners stock delivery and despite the fact he hasn't played a First Class match for 4 months has been bowling really well in the nets.

Will today mark the day Gerry takes his first wicket?

My $10 says no.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Clarke bats 3 in ODIs but won't in tests.....makes my sad.

Khawaja to top score.

Latest posts