What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: New Zealand v Australia at Auckland on Jan 30, 2017

Bazal

Post Whore
why not?

they had a few contributors to their victory.

we were a one man show.

They fell apart, though. Took a brain fade for them to win it. Williamson had zero answers as a captain and their bowlers gave Stoinis far too much leeway and bowled too many extras.

But that's cricket. You can lose all momentum, play woeful cricket and still manage a win

mozza91

Coach
Stoinis? Hahahaha. The Knights winning the competition this season would've been more likely than him doing that.

gregstar

Referee
They fell apart, though. Took a brain fade for them to win it. Williamson had zero answers as a captain and their bowlers gave Stoinis far too much leeway and bowled too many extras.

But that's cricket. You can lose all momentum, play woeful cricket and still manage a win
they fell apart at the end. we fell apart at the beginning.

69-05-41

Juniors
Sth Africa had a policy that dictated the composition of their teams which was not necessarily based on cricket ability. Do Australia have a similar policy requiring the selection of at least one person with the surname Marsh? Is there any remotely plausible explanation for the ongoing selection of these two chronic failures?

blaza88z

Coach
I don't get this Stoinis hate, he's a good player who has had very limited opportunities as an all rounder, no he won't do that everytime but that's why he was picked as an all-rounder, he took 3 wickets and cleared the boundary with consummate ease, you'll be seeing more of him

NZ had no answers to him and Southee/Boult are no mugs, any sort of contribution from our top order and we win here, he came in at 5/50ish and did that, I don't know how you can talk it down, we weren't even in the game

blaza88z

Coach
Sth Africa had a policy that dictated the composition of their teams which was not necessarily based on cricket ability. Do Australia have a similar policy requiring the selection of at least one person with the surname Marsh? Is there any remotely plausible explanation for the ongoing selection of these two chronic failures?

I don't know but with our side and with us resting our 2 most influential batsmen, he needed to do more than what he did today

JJ

Immortal
they fell apart at the end. we fell apart at the beginning.
Yep, one extraordinary all round performance made the game close. I don't recall Australian fans saying they didn't deserve to win the Brisbane test.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Just got home and saw the result. Sorry I missed it. Hazlewood's innings looks hilarious. How do you bat 30 minutes and not face a ball and then run yourself out? lol.

Bad luck to the Stoin. Deserved MOM regardless of the result. he played the perfect Eden Park innings. Didn't get carried away with the short boundaries (suppose he had no choice initially) but once he was in and felt comfortable he showed that it wasn't a tough pitch to score rapidly on.

A lot of things for both teams to work on by the sounds of it.

JJ

Immortal
Yep can't blame the other 10 for not being focused given the catastrophic start to the day

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I've never seen Cummins bowl the last over before. It was pretty terrible.

All short balls and not one yorker or at least attempted yorker. At his pace he comes off the bat pretty well if he is gonna bowl short.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Just watching the highlights and any suggestion that Hanscome should keep full time in odis or tests should be canned now. Horrible technique, not a natural keeper at all and no amount of practice will make him a test or odi class keeper.

blaza88z

Coach
Just watching the highlights and any suggestion that Hanscome should keep full time in odis or tests should be canned now. Horrible technique, not a natural keeper at all and no amount of practice will make him a test or odi class keeper.

Who do you reckon should replace him?