What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st round of finals prediction

Shipsyeagles

Juniors
Friday night : Dogs v Manly - channel 9 will love this.----- tossers :x
Saturday 5:30pm Melbourne v Souths.. great time as there will be no AFL final in Melbourne at this time :D
Saturday 7:30pm Cowboys v Broncs - Townsville will be pumping all weekend :)
Sunday arvo - Canberra v Cronulla - either at Canberra or Shark park /SFS would be great .:cool:

Diesel

Referee
I agree it's looking like this and that'd most likely be the schedule. Sharks would play at the SFS and not Shark Park I would have assumed

Shipsyeagles

Juniors
I think they would swap the Melbourne and Canberra games around IMO.

I hope not,, raiders are playing in NZ on Sunday and flight back on Monday would give them short turnaroud wouldnt be fair and possible AFL final on Sunday arvo in Melbourne.

But who knows what channel 9 would do.:crazy:

Usain Bolt

Bench
I think a miracle will happen and the Warriors will get up over the Raiders and Broncos will win. Broncos will finish 7th and play the Sharks

Shipsyeagles

Juniors
I think a miracle will happen and the Warriors will get up over the Raiders and Broncos will win. Broncos will finish 7th and play the Sharks

Could happen... and if Raiders lose and tigers win by a healthy margin , they could slip into the top 8....:shock:

Card Shark

Immortal
The bottom 4 teams are scheduled to play the Saturday games but it may clash with Swans games, so who knows?

Panfas

Juniors
Wow there could be some real cracker games in the round 1 of the finals. Could be either

Bulldogs v Manly 50k at ANZ or
Bulldogs v Rabbitohs 60k at ANZ

Storm v Rabbitohs 25k at AAMI or
Storm v Manly 31k at AAMI

Cowboys v Broncos 26k at DFS
Raiders v Sharks 25k at CBR

azza29

Juniors
Doubt Storm v Bunnies would hit 25k. Maybe 20k max. Last year's final against the Knights didn't even crack 15k.

Sleep

Juniors
Friday Night: Bulldogs/Sea Eagles

Saturday Night: Cowboys/Broncos & Sharks/Raiders

Sunday: Storm/Rabbitohs

Doga

Juniors
Wow there could be some real cracker games in the round 1 of the finals. Could be either

Bulldogs v Manly 50k at ANZ or
Bulldogs v Rabbitohs 60k at ANZ

Storm v Rabbitohs 25k at AAMI or
Storm v Manly 31k at AAMI

Cowboys v Broncos 26k at DFS
Raiders v Sharks 25k at CBR

Dogs vs Souths Semi would sell out ANZ

Brutus

Referee
My prediction for week 1 :)

Fri Night - Canterbury 22 Souths 18 @ ANZ Stadium crowd 52,641
Saturday game 1 - Cronulla 18 Canberra 4 @ SFS crowd 20,044
Saturday game 2 - Brisbane 24 Cowboys 16 @ DFS crowd 24,881
Sunday Storm 18 Sea Eagles 16 @ AAMI Park crowd 22,017

Big Sam

First Grade
Would be cool if we could somehow finish 2nd and Cronulla shifted their final to ANZ. Then we could lock the Swans out of Homebush for that weekend.

saint pebba

First Grade
Fri Night - Storm vs Manly
Saturday - Sharks vs Raiders
Saturday - Cowboys vs Broncos
Sunday - Dogs vs Souths

azza29

Juniors
Can't see Storm/Souths ending up on the Sunday. NRL would want to allow higher placed losers to get a longer break before their 2nd week match.

If 2v3 is on Sunday the loser would get a shorter break than the winner of 6v7.

Would be cool if we could somehow finish 2nd and Cronulla shifted their final to ANZ. Then we could lock the Swans out of Homebush for that weekend.

Swans could borrow Skoda Stadium from GWS maybe? ;)

Shipsyeagles

Juniors

Unfortunatly, Swans have priority to ANZ before NRL...

They still might finish 3rd anyway, and not play a home final until week 2 or 3 .

Rosetta

Juniors
1v4 - Friday
5v8 - Early Sat
6v7 - Late Sat
2v3 - Sunday

Is the plan for now so fill in to that format.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Could happen... and if Raiders lose and tigers win by a healthy margin , they could slip into the top 8....:shock:

they don't even need a healthy margin ... just win ,as they have a better % then the Raiders

Elimination Finals games a week early

Broncos V Penrith
Tigers V Storm
Raiders V Warriors