What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st round of finals prediction

cleary89

Coach
Swans are contractually obliged to play finals at ANZ from memory, but NRL do have the priority.

Big Sam

First Grade
According to an article in the SMH today, there's no guarantee that all the elimination finals will be set for Saturday. Although I find it hard to believe that they'll give either Cronulla or NQ a 5-day turnaround by playing them on the Friday.

I think we'll see a Qualifying Final on the Friday, a Qualifying and Elimination Final on the Saturday, and an Elimination Final on the Sunday.

BDR

First Grade
I just hope we get to play the Broncos at home, whether it be week 1 or 2. The region would love it.

Bumble

First Grade
If we play Melbourne I'd like to be on a Sunday, as it's the only day of the week I could get down there at short notice.

azza29

Juniors
If we play Melbourne I'd like to be on a Sunday, as it's the only day of the week I could get down there at short notice.

I'd prefer Sunday too as it's less likely to clash with a big AFL final, should help crowd numbers. But it would also mean Souths would only get a 5 day break between games before the semi. :D

Big Sam

First Grade

Haha. I'm the opposite. Just found out I can't go down if it's Sunday so I'm hoping for Friday or Saturday.

I guess we just have to wait until 9.30 on Saturday for some clarification.

Raiderdave

First Grade
i'm guessing the games involving the top 4 will be the first 2 of the finals

so Friday Night & Sat arvo

reason being they won't want to give the winners from 5-8 & 6-7 any time advantage over the losers from the top 4 in week 2
so they'll be the 2nd sat game & sunday arvo in week 1

seeing as anything could happen in the final round ....3 venues are completely up in the air with the exception of ANZ hosting at least one game as the Dogs can't finish lower then 2nd

my predictions

Bulldogs V Manly Friday 7.30pm ANZ
Melb V Souths Sat 6.30pm AAMI
Cowboys V Broncos Sat 8.30pm DFS
Sharks V Raiders Sun 4.00pm SFS

Hutty1986

Immortal
No matter what happens this round, there are going to be some absolutely cracking games of footy in week one. Will also be less stressful to watch them as a impartial observer!!

Edit-well, partly impartial..

Shipsyeagles

Juniors
they don't even need a healthy margin ... just win ,as they have a better % then the Raiders

Elimination Finals games a week early

Broncos V Penrith
Tigers V Storm
Raiders V Warriors

14 point diff....

5 Cowboys 14 9 0 2 138 32
6 Sharks 12 10 1 2 18 29
7 Raiders 12 11 0 2 -11 28
8 Broncos 11 12 0 2 27 26
9 Tigers 11 12 0 2 -25 26
10 Titans 10 13 0 2 -20 24
11 Knights 10 13 0 2 -28 24

Shipsyeagles

Juniors
Friday night : Dogs v Manly - channel 9 will love this.----- tossers :x
Saturday 5:30pm Melbourne v Souths.. great time as there will be no AFL final in Melbourne at this time :D
Saturday 7:30pm Cowboys v Broncs - Townsville will be pumping all weekend :)
Sunday arvo - Canberra v Cronulla - either at Canberra or Shark park /SFS would be great .:cool:

NOT A BAD EFFORT IF IS SAY SO MYSELF :crazy:

ill give it another shot..

Winners 1st week

Manly
Souths
Cowboys
Sharks

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles
Storm vs Rabbitohs .. but only because Melbourne have a truckload of injuries now.
Cowboys vs Broncos
Raiders vs Sharks

azza29

Juniors
Hmm:

Bulldogs (golden point) - this is a killer for me as it means Storm could end up playing Manly in the prelim rather than the GF.
Storm by 2 - they've rediscovered some form in the past few weeks but are still only 70% on the team that they were in round 1. A win will probably see them play Dogs or Manly in a prelim, so if they make it to GF they will have earned it for sure.
Cowboys by 16 - the top 4 side that didn't make the top 4. Will give the loser of Dogs/Manly a real run for their money in the semi
Raiders by 8 - not Cronulla's year, Raiders showing some solid form at the moment and the 42-22 scoreline yesterday was very flattering to the Warriors.

firechild

First Grade
Keep in mind Manly have not played in 1 finals match (out of 12) since the semi final in 2006 where the result was decided by less than 12 points.

2006:
Lost to Dragons 28-0

2007:
Beat Souths 30-6
Beat NQ 28-6
Lost to Melbourne 34-8

2008:
Beat Dragonse 38-6
Beat NZ 32-6
Beat Melbourne 40-0

Lost to Dragons 28-0

Lost to Melbourne 40-12