What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Semi-Final: New Zealand v South Africa at Auckland Mar 24, 2015

Tommy Smith

Referee
It was a pick up shot. In complete control. Would never have played that shot at the MCG.
Fair enough.

I just think tiny grounds cheapen the artform of batting and make life almost impossible for bowlers.

It makes for ugly cricket. But then I do dislike T20 and am very much a purist so I'm probably just old fashioned.

vvvrulz

Coach
Ummm NZ would have been chasing 350+ if it wasn't for the rain. Maybe 375.

And you're saying the rain wasn't an issue? Oh dear.

I'm saying that 298 off 43 overs is still a really tough chase.
Rain was a factor but not big enough for South Africa to moan about it.

vvvrulz

Coach
Fair enough.

I just think tiny grounds cheapen the artform of batting and make life almost impossible for bowlers.

It makes for ugly cricket. But then I do dislike T20 and am very much a purist so I'm probably just old fashioned.

I agree with this though, some of these Eden Park boundaries are a joke.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Rain had nothing to do with this,guys like Steyn,Morkel,Philander are just overrated,Brett Lee and Glenn Mcgrath don't choke like this in WC semi finals and would have bowled this Kiwi lineup out for 150 with 298 on the board.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
NZ have wickets in hand, but there's still a 15 run gap compared to balls and its been around there for awhile. need to keep chipping away at that.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Rain had nothing to do with this,guys like Steyn,Morkel,Philander are just overrated,Brett Lee and Glenn Mcgrath don't choke like this in WC semi finals and would have bowled this Kiwi lineup out for 150 with 298 on the board.
lol @ Steyn overrated.

Easily one of the greatest fast bowlers of all time.

In an era when everything is in favour of the batsmen he has stats comparable to any fast bowler during the last 90 years.

vvvrulz

Coach
Don't get why ABD brought himself on, no offence to the great player but those are rank pies