What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test Aust Vs NZ

IanG

Coach
Ah yeah.
Looks like a case of here we go again.

Oh also it is just me or do they get poor crowds for test matches in NZ. Saw a some highlights at the club last night and it looked like a very small crowd.

It'd be typical if it's a case of they're all off at the rah rahs.

wittyfan

Referee
I've got to get myself some of that NZ Batting Masters memorabilia. :lol:

Warney was once again all class this morning. :clap:

ThrashViking

Juniors
IanG said:
Oh also it is just me or do they get poor crowds for test matches in NZ. Saw a some highlights at the club last night and it looked like a very small crowd.

It'd be typical if it's a case of they're all off at the rah rahs.
Nope, test matches always attract small crowds around NZ bar the Basin Reserve.

wittyfan

Referee
A special congrats for Warney too for taking his 1000th first class wicket. :clap:

A good win by the Aussies. Once again, when they get momentum going that are unstoppable. :clap:

edabomb

First Grade
NZ have the mental toughness of a pea. Since Bracewell has taken over they've only been able to put together 3 solid days before crumbling. I watched the highlights today and laughed at the dismissals. Absolutely pathetic.

Timbo

Staff member
edabomb said:
NZ have the mental toughness of a pea. Since Bracewell has taken over they've only been able to put together 3 solid days before crumbling. I watched the highlights today and laughed at the dismissals. Absolutely pathetic.

My favourite was McMillans (of whom I'm actually a fan) when Gilly was laughing the whole over as he padded up and nearly fell over :lol:

TheParraboy

Staff member
gregstar said:
yoohoo!
sanejane!
where are you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awww, leave him alone, he is probably speechless and in awe of this great Australian side ;-)

Someone mention McMillan ? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Not really sure what your point on Vettori is?? Hes an average bowler IMO, who gets way too much praise from the commentators.

You got the point exactly then :D

Vettori has no ability whatsoever to influence any test match with the ball unless a) the conditions are exorbitantly helpful, or b) we're playing Bangladesh. The only time NZ looked in the game with the ball was when O'Brien, Franklin, and Martin removed 4 of Australia's top 5 in the first innings, relatively cheaply (Vettori of course chipped in by getting Martyn from an appalling decision). After that it was just a carve up and none of the bowlers escaped with any credit. Vettori's figures were saved by Fleming who obviously decided after about the 5th six that there was no point bowling him at the Katich/Gilchrist partnership.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Is it just me, or have LBWs dominated this entire summer? It seems as though NZ have been on the receiving end of a huge number of LBW decisions all season, and I'm not just talking about todays world record equalling effort, nor am I necessarily questioning the umpiring.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

lol. That's a good point. As I've said many times before, there are probably about 37 people in New Zealand interested in cricket. Personally I'm always amazed that we managed to compete, amused that Australians honestly think they can piss us off by beating us, and annoyed that our media and cricket fans don't appreciate how well we do.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Thierry Henry said:
Is it just me, or have LBWs dominated this entire summer? It seems as though NZ have been on the receiving end of a huge number of LBW decisions all season, and I'm not just talking about todays world record equalling effort, nor am I necessarily questioning the umpiring.

As a whole, ball for ball, every bowler
Who would you say are the more accurate bowlers?

the kiwis or the aussies?

NPK

Bench
Thierry Henry said:

That's what happens when the bowler bowls at the stumps at the batsman doesn't hit it. It probably just highlight's the bowlers' accuracy, that's all.