What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Bangladesh v Australia at Mirpur, Aug 27-31 2017

JJ

Immortal
You do know its the big 3 because of their financial clout don't you?

Btw, thoughts on warner?
I do but that's not the way it's portrayed

Good for Davey, overdue. IMO still a lot to prove and surely you can see how outsiders would cringe at the way he's lauded by your media

Like I say, loving test cricket and the Windies performance too, is Law a contender for Boof's job at some stage?

TheParraboy

Staff member
runs it the first inning yet again let us down badly, this is where we lost it yet again for mine, got to get decent runs in the 1st dig on these decks

Wonder if we bowl them out for a lot less if Starc and SOK were playing? irrelevant now we suck.

Congrats Bangers

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If we are going to lose, can handle the Bangers...f**k India but.....the also help to feed Wade

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I do but that's not the way it's portrayed

Good for Davey, overdue. IMO still a lot to prove and surely you can see how outsiders would cringe at the way he's lauded by your media

Like I say, loving test cricket and the Windies performance too, is Law a contender for Boof's job at some stage?
Lehman is still living off 5 nil against the Poms 4 years ago.

Should be out on his arse IMO.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Awesome result for Bangladesh.

They came into test cricket when Australia was at the height of their dominance. All these players probably grew up and developed while dreaming about facing Australia in a test match, let alone beating them.

Nevermind that Australia is a shadow of the great team it was back then, this is still a special day for Bangladesh. In the grand scheme of things it means little for Australia as in a couple months time they'll be only concerned about the Ashes and to a lot of cricket fans all that really matters is what they see on free to air.

We all know Australia is a different prospect at home, but this will mean so much to Bangladesh. They've been so close on so many occasions at home to toppling big nations with only rare wins to show for it. Even if those rare wins continue to only trickle in, this will still be one that stays with them forever.

Congrats Bangladesh.

King hit

Coach
Lehman is still living off 5 nil against the Poms 3 years 4 years.

Should be out on his arse IMO.

We've still managed to beat South Africa in South Africa and won the World Cup under him. He has done a bit more than that beautiful summer of 2013/2014

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't think Lehmann is the issue, but he also doesn't look like the solution.

That being said it's much like the situation with the Wallabies. You can shuffle the deckchairs but if the actual personnel aren't good enough, then it means very little. We have several players who are quality Test players (Warner, Smith, Starc, Hazelwood) and a couple with plenty of potential (Handscomb, Cummins, even Agar). Everyone else is solid at best apart from Khawaja, who is just an enigma.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We've still managed to beat South Africa in South Africa and won the World Cup under him. He has done a bit more than that beautiful summer of 2013/2014
The World Cup was over 2 years ago, he's lost two Ashes tours, we've been beaten at home against South Africa and lost series in India, Sri Lanka and 1 down here.

The team has gone backwards and team selections are just plain geniused.

Meth

Staff member
My second thought when I heard the result is how plausible it is that NZ could lose a Test match to Bangladesh, particularly in Bangladesh. Bangladesh are a better side than they were, and they are only going to get better.

My first thought though was f**k El Diablo

Timbo

Staff member
Second test, I'm going:

1-Warner
2-Renshaw
3-Khawaja
4-Smith*
5-Cartwright
6-Handscomb+
7-Agar
8-O'Keefe
9-Cummins
10-Lyon
11-Bird

Maxwell's not a test player. Wade isn't a cricket player. They want three turners, play the best three. Bring Cartwright in because he's the only option and gives us a third seamer.

Handscomb is the keeper for this test and this test only. For the first Ashes test, selectors should be putting Nevill, Carey, Whiteman and Pierson under a microscope. Whoever performs the best gets the jersey. Paine won't even get a look in because Wade is now in front of him at Tassie in the Shield side. Wade shouldn't even be considered. If the other four come down with lupus, offer Chris Hartley or Graeme Manou $100,000,000 to come out of retirement.

Bazal

Post Whore
Second test, I'm going:

1-Warner
2-Renshaw
3-Khawaja
4-Smith*
5-Cartwright
6-Handscomb+
7-Agar
8-O'Keefe
9-Cummins
10-Lyon
11-Bird

Maxwell's not a test player. Wade isn't a cricket player. They want three turners, play the best three. Bring Cartwright in because he's the only option and gives us a third seamer.

Handscomb is the keeper for this test and this test only. For the first Ashes test, selectors should be putting Nevill, Carey, Whiteman and Pierson under a microscope. Whoever performs the best gets the jersey. Paine won't even get a look in because Wade is now in front of him at Tassie in the Shield side. Wade shouldn't even be considered. If the other four come down with lupus, offer Chris Hartley or Graeme Manou $100,000,000 to come out of retirement.

Honestly Healy at his current age and fitness level would still be a better keeper than Wade

Front-Rower

First Grade
First of all, well done to Bangladesh on winning the Test Match.

Secondly, looking at the ICC Test rankings and using the predictor (https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings/mens/rankings-predictor/test), if results go as they should in the current series' being played plus the SA v. Bangladesh series in late September, we will slip to number 5 in the world behind India, England, SA and NZ;

Series / Predicted results
Ban V Aus - 1 all
Eng V WI - 2-1
SA v Ban - 2 nil

IF Australia lose 2-0 and the other two series go the way I have predicted we drop to 6th with Pakistan moving in to the 5th spot. Furthermore, a loss to the poms of 3-1 or worse would mean we drop to 7th.

Now some may say so what, but if the ICC test tiers proposal ever comes to fruition this could have major implications on which tier the Australian side enter especially if the ICC go black and white, top 6 and bottom 6 (not that I think it would happen that we enter tier 2 though you never know what is going to eventuate).

Latest posts