What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 ex WT players that would transform the Wests Tigers into a top 8 side

Nutz

Bench
What two ex Wests Tigers stars playing in their football prime, would you pick to add to our current squad, that would transform us into a top 8 side.
My two would be:
1. Gareth Ellis
SmartSelect_20231024-052844_DuckDuckGo.jpg
2. Taniela Tuiaki
SmartSelect_20231024-052729_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Nutz

Bench
Scott Prince and Benji Marshal.
Yep I concur, those two together would be awesome.
It's obvious that I'm trying to highlight that a couple of players like what's already been thrown up can completely change a club's win/loss ratio.
We would have won at least those tight games this year with Scotty and Benji playing together and avoided the spoon.

Nutz

Bench
Keven Yow Yeh & Noel Kelly

Speed and power.
Those two might even make a combined Balmain/Western Suburbs Hall of Fame squad which could be another thread to start. Knowing a bit of your history TM, I'm guessing you've met big Noel Kelly?
Norm introduced me to him at a fund raiser for flood victims in Brisbane years back and he is such a nice guy, gentlemanly even but on the field he was a tough bookend eh.
Throw up another 2 players TM, it's for ex Wests Tigers players 👍

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep I concur, those two together would be awesome.
It's obvious that I'm trying to highlight that a couple of players like what's already been thrown up can completely change a club's win/loss ratio.
We would have won at least those tight games this year with Scotty and Benji playing together and avoided the spoon.
Agree, you only got to look at other clubs:

Manly with Turbo
Knights with Ponga
Souths with Latrell

Just a few mentions and yes other players in there clubs help, but it is noticeable how a team performs with or without their gun players.

Thats why I think guys like Bula and Api will help us build a confident team around them. Probably won’t happen by next season though.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Mat Head and Chris Lawrence. A proven general to lead us around the park and a superstar speed demon to be the strike centre the club is crying out for.

Latest posts