What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 things about Melb vs Dogs - spoliers for those taping the game

2 Things about tonights game for us:

With the Storm just about to go 26 points in front, and on a roll with 10 to go:

1) Great opportunity for us in the Top 4 - win on Monday and we may even get a buffer between us and the Bulldogs. If Melb keep going, may even find ourselves in the Top 4 beforehand.

2) Makes our performance last week look even more special, considering how the Bulldogs were prepared and fired up for this one, and even had a home ground advantage

Hurriflatch

Referee
Yep, too bad the bloody Knights couldn't hold up there end of the deal and win which would've setup Parra with chance of getting to 3rd with a win.

Parra win both their remaining games
Dogs beat Cowboys next week

Parra is 3rd

With the final score (given the Lima try is converted), we are back in number 4 at least until Manly v NZ. (1 point better differential than the Dogs)

Win on Monday night, cement the position.

Let's hope we can learn from our game against Cronulla, about the importance of this.

Hurriflatch

Referee
yep, I hope the Warriors win

might fire up the team more, if the Warriors lose a repeat of the Sharks game wouldn't surprise me.

Well we are officially in the 4 for the time being, our desitany is in our own hands and do not need to rely on any further results other than our teams performance.

Bazal

Post Whore
I can't believe a supposed finals contender like the Dogs could crack so badly under pressure...30 points in 22 minutes is just f**king ridiculous :crazy: Melbourne are a head, neck, torso, and upper leg above the other teams no matter what Manly try and say

The bulldogs are not what everyone make it out they are. Its the bull crap myth that come september they are the ones, last year they choked, and this year they will be lucky to make it past second round of finals. They plainly do not have the backline to win, they have strong & big forwards but clubs have worked out a way to combat and beat them and quiet easy.

sportsmad

Juniors
parraitdoesmatta said:
The bulldogs are not what everyone make it out they are. Its the bull crap myth that come september they are the ones, last year they choked, and this year they will be lucky to make it past second round of finals. They plainly do not have the backline to win, they have strong & big forwards but clubs have worked out a way to combat and beat them and quiet easy.

echoing my thoughts too, have won their games through individual efforts, stop those individuals and they are ordinary.
i fear it's only parra that will let the hype get to them about playing the dogs.

as somebody has said (once or twice) 'we're in this up to our teeth' :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I guess we won't be seeing our little mate Smarty for a while...he tends to turn up when it suits him and I don't think last night suited him at all ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
:lol: :lol:
But Im not his friend.... R U??

aahhh!! yep! :sarcasm:

me, Izzy, K Man and jazzy boy used to hang tuff in the ruff streets of Minto all those years ago. :sarcasm: :D

Funny that Melbourne can play like that against 2nd Favourites the Dogs, yet not get out of the gates (in terms of form) when they play us.

After the last two weeks, I have no fear of any other team in the competition.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hollywood Jesus said:
Funny that Melbourne can play like that against 2nd Favourites the Dogs, yet not get out of the gates (in terms of form) when they play us.

After the last two weeks, I have no fear of any other team in the competition.

on the proviso that we turn up to play which has been issue for us on a few occasions this year.

Generally not against the big teams.

We'll turn up against the Broncos, it's only this weekend we have to worry about really because when we don't turn up it's against the sh*t teams we should be flogging.

Latest posts