What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 weeks to go, what should Sticky do?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
In terms of selections?

Time for Neilsen to get a crack & Robbo.

I have also heard Fritz should get a look at & Freddy would have been given a go if he wasn't injured.

Or should sticky go for the Wins?

Danger

Juniors
I reckon we might as well blood some of the young blokes, but only if we have them on contract for next year, don't see the point in giving blokes that are leaving the club a run.

jc155776

Coach
Salary cap will stop the blooding surely? Thats why players are playing injured, we cant afford to bump it up anymore?

Weaponhead

Coach
Ricky should pick the team that he thinks can do the job next year. If Neilsen, Robbo etc are in his plans then pick them. If not forget it. Planning for 2008 needs to be the priority. If we hadn't beaten Parra and still had the streak to worry about then I would say he needs to pick his best team to do anything to get a win. An 11 game losing streak would be very damaging for us going into next year. As it is we can go in with some confidence with decent performances against strong opposition in the past month.

Since 73

First Grade
Manly, Melbourne, Eels, Tigers - 4 teams which will figure in the final weeks of the semis - and we could easily have put them all away in the past month.
Heads are obviously down with players and supporters as another season's lost, but we are finishing 07 a lot better than we did 06.
And not a gnome in sight.
Coincidence?

We need to finish the last 2 games very strongly.
Blokes like Pom, Gall, Bird, Dykes, De Gois, Stapleton, Dougie and Covell have all had a damn fine year and they are all backing up next year, bar Dykes.

Seymour has shown he can mix it in this league.
After years of not living up to expectations and promises he has been a stand out against competition leaders.
Finally a halfback to co-ordinate the above group and allow them to show their true potential in attack.
Plus, what an ally he'll have in a fit Kearney.

No, the next 2 games are not experimental.
They are for bonding this group tighter and finishing the year as strongly as possible.

boomer

Juniors
Go for the wins, finish the season well and take some confidence into the off season.
I would also like to see Neilson get a go.

imasharkie

Coach
Go for the wins.
We don't need the wooden spoon.

This weeks team is a strong side just wish we had a 5/8 as I prefer Birdie at lock. While he was there in the first half last week he was at his damaging best. Maybe play KK at 5/8 Williams to the bench in KK's place.

Since 73

First Grade
Maybe play KK at 5/8
I like it Ima.
Good Kicker, top defender - this mob has plenty of legs in it.
If KK plays he has to start.
he ain't no impact player to bring on after 60 minutes.

imasharkie

Coach
Since 73 said:
I like it Ima.
Good Kicker, top defender - this mob has plenty of legs in it.
If KK plays he has to start.
he ain't no impact player to bring on after 60 minutes.

Kingston can pass both sides too and would be a much smoother passer of the ball than Birdie who looks clumsy when he passes, sort of stunts the flow of the ball to the outside backs.

Inferno

Coach
Hasn't shown enough in attack at hooker to warrant a promotion to the halves IMO.

Should have been dropped earlier in the year to play halfback/pivot in PL.

The Popper

Bench
Go for the wins. It'd make a nice change for those who sit there in the wind and the rain week after week after week with insinuations made that it is their fault we are losing because they are not LOUD enough.

Don't know about Kinga, he's shown us his limitations. Including Bryson Goodwin is a start, perhaps there might be more young'uns given a go at last minute's notice ?

JC made a valid point about salary cap issues. If there aren't any more bloodings then its because the bean counters have been watching the expenditure ledger.