What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2001 Eels Jersey signed my Michael Vella FOR SALE!

Stagger eel

Staff member
which is a buck more than what your schit is worth????.....knocked back any charitys lately MEE??? :roll:

MEE

Juniors
eelavation said:
which is a buck more than what your schit is worth????.....knocked back any charitys lately MEE??? :roll:
*yawn*

Peter Peters words:

"The Manly Sea Eagles has come in for a barrage of unwarranted criticism over the cost of a signed jersey for 11 year old James Booth from the Central Coast.
A letter from the Wyoming Rugby League
Club was sent to the Sea Eagles with a request for a donated signed jersey.
It was one of 40 requests received weekly.
Some of the cases are as bad or worse than young James and the club has great sympathy and understanding for every request received.
There was a column by an by an unknown (to us)journalist in a Central Coast publication suggested the "SILVERTAILS MANLY THUMB NOSE AT CENTRAL COAST AGAIN".That was nothing more than a cheap shot at the Manly Football Club by a journalist who was negligent in his duty of checking the facts.Had the author of the column checked with the club he would have found out that there never was a mention of a demand for $165 for a signed jersey.
A letter of reply was sent out from the club outlining the club had a policy of assisting charities and similar cases in its own district.
However,an offer of purchase for $135 was made...way down on the price of $225 normally charged for an autographed jersey.And less than the ficticious $165
price mentioned.
(Some clubs in the NRL charge $400 for a signed jersey).
If the Manly Sea Eagles gave jerseys for every sick kid in NSW and Queensland we would be out of business.
It is a shame that the illness of a sick boy was used to slander a football club which goes out of its way to support community services.
For every sad story like the one surrounding James Booth there is another one of assistance which goes un-noticed.
Supporters can be certain that every effort is made to answer all requests and help where possible but again I highlight that we concentrate on our own area.
We don't seek publicity about our assistance to local charities - it is part of our charter to be better citizens.
As for Manly owing the Central Coast a truck load of cash from our time on the Coast
our answer is this - we owe nothing and we never had any time on the Coast.....THAT WAS A NIGHTMARE! - Admin"

ParraMatt

Bench
I'd Pay 20 Dollars for the Jersey. Vella is our Shittest Player in my opinion, and We had bad memories back in 2001.

Vella may be one of our "shittest" players at the moment, but has the potential to be one of the best.

C'mon Micky! show us what you can do in 2004!

Heres an avatar for ya!
Actually met Vella and he seemed a genuine person
Shattered.. But genuine

Geez its a slow day in here!

75 days until.....Geez I hate the off-season!

Latest posts