What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2001 Knights V 2012 Knights

Big Tim

First Grade
Hughes is a lot like Peden.

Overvalued by Knights fans, and severely undervalued by the rest of the league.

In saying that, I would have 2001 Boozy over 2011 Sau.

rabble

Juniors
I can't see the inconsistent Sau(imo) being picked ahead of Wes. So who would you take between Wes and Hughes.

perverse

Referee
when comparing Wes to Boozey, you're comparing a bloke who gave us years of solid, quality service to a guy who has been erratic up until last year in which he was superb. hard to compare... and i wouldn't bother trying at the moment. just hoping that Wes comes back as good as he was last year, he'll deserve every bit of a starting centre spot if he does... and that's all i'm concerned about at present.

perverse

Referee
i think Sau will get first crack based purely on the fact that Bennett would not have re-signed him if he didn't rate him. he had the option to get rid of him, and Junior wouldn't have taken a bottom dollar contract, either.

Yosh

Coach
JM, JW and Pers are SPOT ON!

Sau needs to improve or he'll be shot down by Tahu.

billy2

Juniors
The bench is where we have it all over 2001.
In 2001 they tried their guts out, but still nearly cost us the GF. Three has beens who were never that good, and a rookie in his second FG game as a forward and about his 10th overall (had played some firstgrade fullback).

This year they are close to the starting players, and we probably have another 4 better than the 2001 bench as backups.

perverse

Referee
what odds of Likiliki giving McManus/Sau/Tahu something to think about next year, too? i would like to see that kid make something of himself. lots of potential in his physical attributes and ability.

I reckon Hughes would run rings around Sau. He was a bloody good centre and could probably take sau easily in defence.

Whilst talking about Hughes and his heart. How good did he play for that series for NSW when he played fullback. He was solid as a house and copped all sorts of punishment but just kept goin like the true champ he was.
Tough Kurri lad who made it big..oh and he could pass the ball

what odds of Likiliki giving McManus/Sau/Tahu something to think about next year, too? i would like to see that kid make something of himself. lots of potential in his physical attributes and ability.
I can see him pushing McManus out of the squad if he plays to his potential, which on paper is plenty. If we want to keep him he has to start. Many clubs will be hunting him.