What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2003 Stats patch released!

NPK

Bench
Another thing - there are practically no knock-ons anymore (in dry games) because the catch ratings for almost every player are high now. This is not Goleel's fault - the game considers catch ability the same as ball security, which should be changed for the next version.

Goleel

Juniors
Those are two things I worked on, with players having less break tackle, running slower and with most forwards now having good tackle ratings, you don't need to use the aggressive tackle as often anymore, and when you do chances are there'll be a big hit. It was to make the game more defensive for sure. The problem is I need a difficulty level between legend and seasoned, so that players still break a few tackles, but just not as many as on seasoned. Playing multiplayer in seasoned and single in legend works well for me. I'll keep working on making forwards more dominant though, since I think its an important part of the game.

As for catching, yeah, I found the knock on levels very annoying, especially in games where a few knock ons occured in a row and the teams confidence dropped by a heap. All players have 8 for catch now, a level where they'll still drop it every now and then but not too often, and players with worse handling have 7 or 6.

It was strange though, almost every hooker in the game had a preset rating of 10 for catch...why would they need that?

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
lol i wish u could knock it on from dummy half when u go for a quick play the ball or sumthing, should be in the next version

NPK

Bench
He will if he gets into a gap - he stiull has very high speed and acceleration ratings.

Goleel

Juniors
Not a program exactly, just many hours slogged taking down the entire games stats database (sitting in front of my PS2 entering each player stats into an excel database), then editing them in that database to what I wanted them to be based on some tests I'd done on custom teams, balancing them out and using a hex editor and 8 pages of printout to change every NRL player in the game, then going through and checking the stats matched for every player what I had in the database, and running a few seasons to ensure no teams were super strength or anything like that. About 20 or so hours work all up not including play time and testing.

Just for those interested, the 2004 version should be finished on Wednesday, team lineups are done, now just going through the database and changing a few players here and there to balance it out, then its good to go!

Latest posts