What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 AMNRL Playoff Picture

Tomahawk

Staff member
Here is how Tomahawk sees the playoff picture lining up.

The #1 spot going to the Bulls whether they beat or loose to the Wildcats, Saturday. They will have a bye in the first round, and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

If the Sharks beat the Fight, at "Shark Park" the Shark will once again win their conference, and take the #2 spot. They will also have a bye in the first round.

The #3 spot going to the 2003 AMNRL Champions the Wildcats. They will have thier 1st game home, and if they win will have to travel and play either the Sharks or the Bulls at their field.

The #4 and #5 spots going to either the Slayers or the Raiders. The #4 spot will get a first round home field game. While the #5 spot will travel to play their 1st game. Looks like Slayers will get the #4 spot and the Raiders get the #5 spot.

Finally the #6 spot looks as if the Philly Fight will get, unless they beat the Sharks and things could be changed. The Fight will have to travel all their games.

So here is how things look;

Round #1

Byes Bulls and Sharks

Fight vs. Wildcats (Wildcats home)
Raiders vs. Slayers (Slayers home) Could be the other way around.

Round #2

Winner of Fight/Wildcats (Cats win play Sharks - Fight win play Bulls)
Winner of Raiders/Slayers (Raiders win play Bulls - Slayers win play Sharks) all depending on seating.

Championship

Winners of previous matches.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Tomahawks predictions

Wildcats beat Fight in round #1
Slayers with home field advantage beat Raiders in round #1

Wildcats travel to Shark Park, with 25 players and the return of Danny Bull. However, the Sharks being home turn out a large crowd 100+ fans. The Sharks also have large numbers turn out. Sharks edge out the 2003 AMNRL Champions, and have their 1st appearance in the AMNRL Championship.

The other match sees the Bulls defeating the D.C. Slayers at Glen Mills. The Slayers just could not bring the number of players needed to beat the Bulls. The Bulls once again go to the finals.

The 2004 AMNRL Championship match being between the N.J. Sharks and Glen Mills Bulls. Is a great match between these two rival teams, with the Bulls going on to win by 2 tries. The Bulls then become 5 time AMNRL champions.

Tomahawk

playfooty

Juniors
AMNRL website has it if Slayers win and Bulls beat Cats, Slayers take #3 seed and Cats #4 - how's the website in accuracy?

Tomahawk

Staff member
That would have toi happen play. I can tell you the Bulls are not going to lay down to the Cats Saturday. However, the Bulls will be missing a couple of key players. If the Bulls bring at least 17, the chances aere in the Bulls favor.

Tomahawk

gothecats

Juniors
The Slayers will need a win plus the bonus point and the wildcats will have to lose with no bonus points in order for them to take the #3 seed.

Tomahawk

Staff member
Gothecats;

What if the Bulls only bring 16 guys, don't have the Emu, the Falcon, Lenny Lux, and Kevin Deal, and kick the Wildcats *ss?

Hey if the Bulls beat the Cats on Saturday, then go on to win the AMNRL Championship, let me think for a second.

They would be undefeated, and they would be 5 time AMNRL Champions. Plus they would have won the title with only 3 foreign players. (Vassy, Nuiy, and Johny)

How many foreign players played for the Cats last year, and this year? What are the Cats doing to get more Americans to play the game? Or are they a team made up of foriegn players, and a couple Americans.

You know gothecats I respect the Cats big time. They are a great team and you are lucky enough to play for them. However, I am not going to hide anything. Yes we all wine and cry. Hey your co-captain is the biggest one in the league. Your captain is right next to him.

When I talked about the Emu, all I was saying is it had an effect on the match. The match was not as close as the score makes it out to be. The Bulls dominated 1/2 of that match, and controlled 3/4 of the match.

Maybe the Cats should be thinking and worring about playing the Sharks again. Let me give you a couple of tips about the Sharks home matches. The fans are not very polite. The feild is rock hard, and you might find some rocks on it. Finally, they get about 30 players, and 100+ fans at thier home games.

So get your head out of your *ss and put it on your shoulders. You need to start to look whats infront of you.

gothecats

Juniors
Tomahawk,

That is a shame those boy's are not coming up, but do you really need to put yourself on that list? Seriously, the Emu plays better footy.

Foreign players last year: Ben, Loz, Paul Baker, and Daniel Ferris. Count yours Tomahawk and don't forget the three boys from Oz. This year: Ben and Brock Mathers and Ducky.

What have we done to get more Americans? Come to one of our practices, 45+ players, 2 teams, HS and college players. Have you seen our three college starters? Will, Bradd and Gareth? Starting all season. You talk about our captain and co-captain, instead of bitching about them maybe you should shake their hands and say thank you. Have you seen the new uniforms every team is wearing? Who do you think stepped up when two teams merged and left only 7 in the league? Not only did they start a new team in the same town as the Cats but they a one of the top teams.

Thanks for the tips on the Sharks but it is not your concern. I have played there before and know what to expect.

My head is in the right place and I certainly know what is in front of me. It's too bad it won't be you. Its now crunch time and you won't even sniff the field but thanks for the motivation.

Jersey Shark

Juniors
The Sharks definately have the easy run into the finals. We expect to see Glen Mills there but the Raiders could surprise us.

playfooty

Juniors
hey cats bloke - didn't you get the bloke back from France? And isn't Danny Bull and Mulvihill foreign too?

By my count that makes six - close to half your starting lineup.

drinkin'

Juniors
I wouldnt say it makes them American, but they're not here just for the season like the other 3 on the Wildcats. If this were union in the USA they wouldn't be considered imports.